Intro- Clayton

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

JCLaytonC
Egg

Intro- Clayton

Post by JCLaytonC »

Hello, my name is Clayton. I am 22 years old (about to turn 23) and will be graduating from Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville, Ga. I have been talking at Active Army Rangers, friends that are in the Army, three Colonels, one LTC, and a two star General. I am trying to find out everything that I can about the Army (especially Rangers) before I sign my contract in the next week or so. I have been reading history books and studying everything that I can about the military. I have always pushed myself and have wanted to serve my country .Push-ups: 114
Sit-ups: 89
Pull-ups: 31
2 mile run: 12:37
My plan is to join have infantry and the opportunity to prove myself in the ranger assessment program written into my contract so that I can go asap after bootcamp this summer. I thought about OCS but I have always wanted to be a Ranger enlisted. I feel if I am going to be a leader down the road I need to know how the enlisted side of the Army lives. I work very hard in school and workout twice times a day and run 6-8 miles 5-6 days a week. I have visited Ft. Benning 2 days ago to meet with a LTC. I am very excited about opportunities down the road. Reading for a Challenge :mrgreen: .
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro- Clayton

Post by Jim »

Clayton, Please tell us what you want to do. Your into sounds like you want to be an officer,
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, Clayton.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Two things.

Work on your attention to detail. You're about to graduate college and the typo's in your intro should be unacceptable to you at this point.

Secondly, who graded your PT test?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Clayton.

RLTW!!!