Promotion Orders

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Musashistudent3108
Embryo

Re: Promotion Orders

Post by Musashistudent3108 »

Jim,
If you will please refer to my other post and my discussion with Cams on the subject, but I have been told several times about using the "Ranger" honorific and last I was told I was not to use it as I am prior service. If the rule is different than what I was told please let me know but there have been several reversals on this subject to date and I would like to know for sure whether I should be using it or not.

Also in no way did I intend to question Ranger Silverback's integrity, I was merely referring to the program I participated in, which in my opinion is antiquated and takes full advantage of this fact. We can disagree when it comes to our opinion of a commissioning source, that has no effect on my opinion of him as a person or a professional.

Silverback,

If you had read my post in its entirety, and I apologize for its length, you would have seen where I said that I accept the fact that were I am now is due to my own decisions, I am merely attempting to proceed from where I currently stand. I have a laundry list of my reasons for resigning, but by and large I felt that my Soldiers where better off with other leadership, and sometimes being part of the team is knowing when they will do better without you. I quit. I admit it and accept that fact. I have my reasons for doing so which are unimportant. I had no intention of coming off bitter or angry, to tell you the truth I feel better now than I have in years, because of the road I am on in my military career.

Now, as to why I want a shot, because I have wanted to be part of the Regiment since I was small, and since I cannot be an Officer in it I would rather serve in the Regiment as an Enlisted Soldier than serve anywhere else in any other capacity. Because I would give up anything to wear the scroll so the commission was a small price to pay. Because I know your Fraternity and what you have accomplished and I want a chance to show that I can be an asset. Because I want more than anything to serve with a group of aggressive professional Soldiers and earn my place among you. You can believe this, or not, you can think what you like about me, it doesn't bother me, because I am going, no matter how hard I have to train, or how long I have to wait. Whether I belong there is not for you who has never met me, or me, or anyone else to decide, it is for the RASP cadre to decide, and if I am not selected I will come back again and again until they make me leave or I am selected. I want to get in boots time now, that was the whole point of posting here, in short I would love the chance to start doing, I am trying to figure out how to get there.
1/214th FA GA ANG 2009-2011
3/108th CAV (R&S) GA ANG 2011-2013

"think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world"- M. Musashi
"a pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood"- G.S. Patton
"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain" - M. Musashi
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Musashistudent3108 wrote:Jim,
If you will please refer to my other post and my discussion with Cams on the subject, but I have been told several times about using the "Ranger" honorific and last I was told I was not to use it as I am prior service. If the rule is different than what I was told please let me know but there have been several reversals on this subject to date and I would like to know for sure whether I should be using it or not.
Jesus wept.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
PxRanger
Ranger

Post by PxRanger »

You are addressing Rangers. Please address them as such.

Ranger Silverback & Ranger Jim
81-84 NYARNG
84-85 C 2/75 2nd Plt Weapons Squad
85 Pre-Ranger North Fort Lewis
85-86 C 2/75 Supply
86 - Medical Reclassification to leg land
86-87 9th AFSC

"Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. You just happen to like being the bug, Ranger." ~SSG Paniagua
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

PxRanger wrote:You are addressing Rangers. Please address them as such.

From the board FAQ's and Rules:

Other Veterans, Active-duty and Ranger Parents:
-------------------------------------------------

If you are a Ranger's wife or non-Veteran parent you are expected to address all Rangers on this site in the form of 'Ranger Username'. If you don't like this requirement, seek company elsewhere.

Veterans of the Armed Forces, US and Foreign you have our respect and thanks for serving and are not required to do so.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

cams wrote:

If you are a Ranger's wife or non-Veteran parent you are expected to address all Rangers on this site in the form of 'Ranger Username'. If you don't like this requirement, seek company elsewhere.

Veterans of the Armed Forces, US and Foreign you have our respect and thanks for serving and are not required to do so.
True - you are spot on Ranger cams, but since he has come here, picked brains of Rangers and now talking of going to RASP - next step is he is going to be a DEP in the eyes of Mentors - he can address Rangers as DEP's do in this case.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Steadfast wrote:
cams wrote:

True - you are spot on Ranger cams, but since he has come here, picked brains of Rangers and now talking of going to RASP - next step is he is going to be a DEP in the eyes of Mentors - he can address Rangers as DEP's do in this case.
Understood. I have no qualms with it, just felt the young man was being given two different standards to uphold and wanted to clear up any confusion.

Thanks Brother.

Musashistudent; there you have it. That shall be the standard due to your probable DEP status.

Again, good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Musashistudent3108
Embryo

Post by Musashistudent3108 »

Roger that, Ranger Cams.
1/214th FA GA ANG 2009-2011
3/108th CAV (R&S) GA ANG 2011-2013

"think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world"- M. Musashi
"a pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood"- G.S. Patton
"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain" - M. Musashi

Return to “Recruitment Process”