EPA climate change expert scammed US tax payers

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

EPA climate change expert scammed US tax payers

Post by Flesh Thorn »

The highest-paid official of the US Environmental Protection Agency bilked the government out of nearly $1 million in fraudulent wages and benefits – by convincing his bosses he was also a CIA operative and leaving for long periods at a time, authorities said.
John C. Beale, who retired in April after his phony spy career began to unravel, will be sentenced in federal court in Washington in what prosecutors said was one of the most audacious government frauds ever committed.
Beale, who served as a senior policy adviser and was a leading authority on climate change, got away with not doing his job for months at a time by telling his bosses he was off on a CIA mission, often in Pakistan or at the agency’s headquarters in Virginia.

Read More
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Silverback
Ranger

Re: EPA climate change expert scammed US tax payers

Post by Silverback »

I would comment....but I'd have to kill you
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I worked for someone, not too long ago, who would not show up for weeks at a time. He never used vacation or sick time and if questioned about his absenteeism, would say that he was using comp time because of being called out at night. He was caught in a big screw up that costed tax payers about $70,000. He was promoted......
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I guess this guy is now experiencing the heat of his climate change.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”