13f

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: 13f

Post by Jim »

Tcrosswell, if you really want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who have passed through armyranger.com on their life journey. Begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. It will save you a lot of time because most new members of the site seem to have the same questions -- and most have been answered several times. Begin by entering 13F in the search line and see what you can learn this weekend. Tell us more about yourself. Where do you live? Why do you want to become a Ranger? Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

tcroswell wrote:I'm sad to admit that I am not yet a Ranger or enlisted for that matter. Please don't take anything I ask asan insult because I'm still very ignorant to the Army. I am going to be signia contract for 13F on Monday, and I would really like to know what everyone thinks about it...I want to serve and I'm 26. Yes, I'm up there for the standard enlistment, but its something I know I need to do. What is it like to be 13F? How are they attached to the infantry? What can I expect? Thank you for the input, it is most appreciated.

Welcome to the site. You're certainly older than the average bear, but I've seen older. As for being a 13F, usually they played second fiddle to JTACs - it was just sort of the nature of the beast. So expect bitch jobs (filling garmins, establishing hlz's etc..).
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

tcroswell wrote:What would you suggest is a good career field? I would like to be out in the mix of everything.
Elaborate on what your perception of "out in the mix of everything" is. Also, you would do well to thoroughly read the site FAQ's and as well as doing your best to wear out the search function of AR. The amount of information stored in these forums is invaluable to someone looking to make it to Regiment.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

tcroswell wrote:I want to be around infantry and fighting. Where should I start my search?
How about in the fucking infantry? Still haven't read those pesky FAQs/SOPs have ya champ?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

SLEDGE HAMMER wrote:
tcroswell wrote:I want to be around infantry and fighting. Where should I start my search?
How about in the fucking infantry? Still haven't read those pesky FAQs/SOPs have ya champ?
I don't think he has.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Victory Drive. Be sure to wear a white t-shirt and write LEG across the front with a sharpie. This is your first step to being around Infantry and fighting.

You're welcome.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Riddle me this: If you want to be in combat so badly, why do you not want to be an infantryman?

Also, if you truly want to be in Regiment so badly, try being a little less fucking sensitive. Wait a minute..you're not a fucking chick are you?
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

tcroswell wrote:Ya...definitely not a chick. Upon reading other forums, I noticed that whenever someone is a smart ass or says something that is a bit assholish, everyone gets offended. So, I was trying to be respectful but to hell with that. I'm not saying I don't want infantry! I just want to know from someone who has been there what different jobs in combat there are, and what the hell they are like!
tcroswell, this is a unique site. Everyone who has the honorific Ranger below their name is, in fact, a validated Ranger. Some of us have attended Ranger School, others have served in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Offended is not the right term. We are the ones who have "been there and done that." We take being a Ranger very seriously, we've earned it. I'm not your father, nor one of your teachers; and I find your comments immature. You have been here several days, and it appears that you still have not put forth the basic efforts to educate yourself. We have assisted a great number of fine young men earn their place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Please tell me why we should spend any time or effort on you?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RangerX wrote:Image
Can't say it any better than that.