Finished Cole Range

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
cbc1
Ranger

Finished Cole Range

Post by cbc1 »

Hello Rangers, just posting a sit rep about completing Cole Range. It was definitely more of a challenge than what I had in mind but I think I did relatively well. The hardest part was eating ALL of your mre in under 10 mins and keeping it down, but the lack of sleep and abundant amounts of physical training makes one hell of an appetite. I was pretty bad on land nav until I realized that I should stop trying to dead reckon because others suggest it and should stick with following roads. Thought I was hot shit on the night land nav portion because I found my first two points in under an hour, and as I was scrambling through the woods for my third I fell...HARD about 5 ft into a creek not marked on the map, broke my compass, my glasses, and my pride as I was lost in the woods now. I finally found a road that led to a main road one hour after the return time and was picked up by the cadre (apparently a sad mud man doing an airborne shuffle back to Cole Range was hilarious to him). Needless to say it was the most fun I do not want to have again for a while.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20121105

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Finished Cole Range

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Keep driving on and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Congrats.

5' isn't the longest drop you could have had on the south side...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Good stuff stud. IF you make it to Battalion, you will have a thousand stories of people "disappearing" while making night movements under NODs. You're lucky it was only 5'.

Don't quit!

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
cbc1
Ranger

Post by cbc1 »

My biggest concern now is hoping my team leader doesn't think of me as a shitbag for failing something, but I can only give my best and keep on keeping on.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20121105

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Letters from School”