introduction- Michael

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

neverquiting2013
Embryo

introduction- Michael

Post by neverquiting2013 »

Hello rangers,
I am currently 19 and have recently began to realize my dream of not only joining the army, but becoming apart of the ranger regiment.
The reason i joined this forum was simple, it is the best possible place i have found for "no BS" information for a ranger hopeful like my self.

A little about myself, i live in Saint Charles, Missouri. A typical suburban town right outside of St.Louis.
Growing up i always wanted to be a soldier, as i come from a military family, grandpa was in 82nd and 101st airborne, and my father was a sailor in the navy.
Before graduating High school i was a active member of the football team and wrestling team. I was lucky enough to have coaches through out my life who instilled into me to always give the task at hand 100% attention and 200% effort, and i live my life to that standard. That is why i would like to be a ranger because i know the leadership there is par none, and the men to my left and right will be of the highest caliber you can find. Also the ranger creed is the best possible way to live your life in my opinion, no matter what position you are in.
I know these days a option 40 is hard to obtain, however i have faith in my recruiter and i believe that as long as i study my hardest and train my ass off i will achieve the chance to get one. I have quit my job (poor choice of words for a ranger hopeful) so i can focus all of my attention and time to getting ready for the army, as the men i will serve with deserve nothing less then me at my best.

I want to end my introduction in thanking all of you for your experienced information, this is the best possible tool a young man as myself can have, it seems all questions that have ran through my head so far have in one way or another been answered here.

I look forward to learning more from all of you Rangers past and present!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: introduction- Michael

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Michael. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who earn a place in the Ranger Regiment. Read all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Pay attention to using English. If you have questions, use the search feature on the top right of this page. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Michael.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
havoc996
Ranger

Post by havoc996 »

Capitalize Ranger Michael! Welcome to the site.
Civilians, will never understand us. Our desire to be at the worst possible place at the exact wrong time because we hope to make a difference even if it costs us our lives, are incomprehensible to them. And yet it is so. Our prayer is not, please God, let it happen on my day off; but please God, don't let me screw this up.

HHC 1/75
10-04
OEF/OIF
neverquiting2013
Embryo

Roger that Rangers I will make sure to revise my posts from now on!
After working out for nearly three weeks my self-administered APFT scores were as followed.
PUSHUPS-63-
SITUPS-59-
2MILER-16:24-
As you can see i need plenty of work to reach the 300+ range.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

neverquiting2013 wrote:Roger that Rangers I will make sure to revise my posts from now on!
After working out for nearly three weeks my self-administered APFT scores were as followed.
PUSHUPS-63-
SITUPS-59-
2MILER-16:24-
As you can see i need plenty of work to reach the 300+ range.
That's an acceptable baseline for building up your PT standards. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, Michael.
A Co, 3/75.
neverquiting2013
Embryo

Sorry for the absence Rangers, I have been very busy as of late.
An update on my current status with enlisting is that i finnaly got around to taking the practice asvab at the recruiters. I did very well, Next step is to study a little more and take the real test go from there.

My current self administered apft score is as followed.
sit ups-81
pushups-75
4 mile rune-32 ( I am going to do a timed two minute run update as soon as i can log back in)
neverquiting2013
Embryo

**Sorry for spelling errors, big thumbs on little touch phone**
4 mile run- 32:00
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

neverquiting2013 wrote: My current self administered apft score is as followed.
sit ups-81
pushups-75
4 mile rune-32 ( I am going to do a timed two minute run update as soon as i can log back in)
Run more and add pull-ups to your routine. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”