intro Robert -rcon

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

rcon91
Embryo

intro Robert -rcon

Post by rcon91 »

Hey names Robbie 5'7 160 22yrs athletic build. so currently waiting for a court date to go through with a dumb speeding ticket down in Georgia its mandatory court for 20 over. So have to have that taken care before enlisting. Was on the way to meps after highschool but was being talked out of it and got a good job offer during so I took the job at an iron company pretty tough crew we do everything old fashion style so a lot of heavey lifting. But I run 3 to 5 days a week about 6.50min mile pace. Done nothing but workout as soon as I have time after work and read since I have decided to leave my current employment. Getting a paycheck is not why i wanna do this its the way if life i want. I want serve I feel like my life is better served saving and protecting and I don't wanna be a military Leach (people that join the military because there is no other option) I can live just fine off what I make just choosing to return the favor my father gave me. He is ranger qualified. Went to ranger school now retired. My uncle serving also ranger qualified and my other uncle in a Ranger Regiment. I want to 11b op40 but if I get it after osut I can deal with it I will get it though. I have stew smith spec op workout book on the way. Have read books like Sua Sponte and Ranger handbook and Lions of Kandahar Countless other. Any other read suggestions greatly appreciated Or workout régime. Sorry for the slang don't have a computer this was typed on my phone. And thank you
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: intro Robert -rcon

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Robbie. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who come through armyranger.com on their life journey. Read all the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions you might have were already addressed at least once. The search feature located on the top right of this page is your friend. Within the next 72 hours please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM sent, rcon91.
A Co, 3/75.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Robbie.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
rcon91
Embryo

Post by rcon91 »

Hey thank you Rangers and non Rangers. I got dad to run me through the qualifications of a standard army pt test reluctantly he agreed after retiring last year its understandable. Here is were I stand.
Pu 67
Su 58
2 mile 14 flat
Cu 10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rcon91 wrote:Hey thank you Rangers and non Rangers. I got dad to run me through the qualifications of a standard army pt test reluctantly he agreed after retiring last year its understandable. Here is were I stand.
Pu 67
Su 58
2 mile 14 flat
Cu 10
OK, Robbie, you now have a baseline to build on. Time to work on yur physical fitness. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I didn't realize that phones automatically type in slang now.

I must have an older version that still types in grammatically correct English.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rcon91
Embryo

Post by rcon91 »

Yeah Ranger Cam due to my laziness you can program words like wanna gimme and aint to auto type I do realize my introduction was less formal then need be. I apologize. Try to get my facts across.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rcon91 wrote:Yeah Ranger Cam due to my laziness you can program words like wanna gimme and aint to auto type I do realize my introduction was less formal then need be. I apologize. Try to get my facts across.
Laziness is not accepted here. Don't embarrass your Ranger family members by being unmotivated.

"Yeah" is a word that you should also learn to get rid of. "Yes" or "Roger" are acceptable communication.

I'm not busting your balls. I'm trying to square you away since your Ranger family members aren't here to cuff you in the back of the head.

You're welcome.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

rcon91
Embryo

Post by rcon91 »

Yes, Ranger Cam you are busting my balls but I understand completely and it is fine. I do appreciate you holding me accountable. Will do.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Cams is not busting your balls. If you want to be a Ranger, you need to knock off the attitude. I know what I've done and I know what Ranger Cams has done. What have you done?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rcon91
Embryo

Post by rcon91 »

Ranger Jim I did not mean any disrespect to you or any other Ranger. I was telling Ranger Cam I appreciate what he was doing and that I need my balls busted. I've done nothing besides be the son of a Ranger qualified NCO for 20 years. That is nothing for his and your service.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rcon91 wrote:Ranger Jim I did not mean any disrespect to you or any other Ranger. I was telling Ranger Cam I appreciate what he was doing and that I need my balls busted. I've done nothing besides be the son of a Ranger qualified NCO for 20 years. That is nothing for his and your service.
This is the third time you've chosen to not type out my entire screen name. More laziness on your part? That's what we're left to assume, you said it, not us.

Attention to detail here is paramount, just as it is in the field. Situational awareness is also stressed, even more so for you young men wanting to become Rangers.

I had hoped some of the Ranger'n had rubbed off from your family and that a young, smart, natural born leader had shown up at the door to learn, but apparently I am mistaken so I'll leave you with one more bit of information, in the hopes that you may yet salvage a bleak first impression.

Tread lightly amongst wolves young man, there is a reason the Good Lord gave us 2 eyes, 2 ears and only 1 mouth.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

rcon91
Embryo

Post by rcon91 »

Roger, Ranger Cams.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

There may be hope for this one... Time and his actions will tell. Keep us updated on your enlistment process.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”