Another DEPer intro...

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

csforstall
Tadpole

Another DEPer intro...

Post by csforstall »

Hello my name is Stuart I enlisted last month with an option 40. I am here to read and stay quiet; However, I felt I should announce my presence. I am just a lowly civilian with high hopes and higher goals.

Stuart
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

Nice intro. Hey & welcome Stuart.
Spartan

Re: Another DEPer intro...

Post by Spartan »

csforstall wrote:Hello my name is Stuart I enlisted last month with an option 40. I am here to read and stay quiet; However, I felt I should announce my presence. I am just a lowly civilian with high hopes and higher goals.

Stuart
What are you doing now, as a lowly civilian?

Welcome.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site and thanks for enlisting.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Welcome
csforstall
Tadpole

Re: Another DEPer intro...

Post by csforstall »

Spartan wrote: What are you doing now, as a lowly civilian?
At the moment I am attending my final year of college.

Stuart
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

That's great. Now don't make this like pulling teeth, Stuart. What is your degree area, etc....

In fact, as your input is so brief, how about telling us what the college experience was like for you, what your perceptions are of college (liberal contamination bias of professors - or not) and how that degree or field of study may help your military career, if you choose to pursue a military career, instead of a single enlistment period, etc...
NoahH
Ranger

Post by NoahH »

What MOS did you enlist with?

Welcome.
csforstall
Tadpole

Post by csforstall »

Spartan wrote:That's great. Now don't make this like pulling teeth, Stuart. What is your degree area, etc....

In fact, as your input is so brief, how about telling us what the college experience was like for you, what your perceptions are of college (liberal contamination bias of professors - or not) and how that degree or field of study may help your military career, if you choose to pursue a military career, instead of a single enlistment period, etc...
Well here goes.

I am attending the college of Emory and Henry. A small liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere. Well thats what we say, we really are only 30 minutes north from the VA/TN border. I have enjoyed my times here but I am tired of school and I am ready to move on.

I am not one for politics and there is plenty of it from both sides here, usally the Liberal professors vs. Conservative students. But I try and avoid it since it has nothing to do with my reasons for enlistment. I will be getting my degree in International Studies. A rather useless degree by itself, but I think it played into my decison to enlist. It helped me see just how much are armed forces are needed, especially in these times.

When I went to the MEPS I really had no clue what job I might get but the counciler offered me an option 40 so I took it. I also signed for 5 years since I would like to make the military a career. I have the most options career wise if I spend my time in the boots, so thats where I will start and who knows I might stay there. And now I am just seeing what I can do now to get myself ready for later.

Stuart
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Good answer - thanks for the clarification.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Well, Young man....EH isnt in the middle of nowhere, one of our esteemed Rangers lives just up the road from you. He would be Ranger Flesh Thorn. Good intro after prodded....and EH is a good school actually. I came from that general area originally, like the country but hated the pace. Army offered free shoes and boots, Rangers gave me 2 sets plus duck hunting uniforms....what a deal. Glad to have you, good luck.
Since you have a Ranger in your general proximity, PM him....nice guy...just dont piss him off. He shoots before he looks.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
csforstall
Tadpole

Post by csforstall »

Abell9 wrote:Well, Young man....EH isnt in the middle of nowhere, one of our esteemed Rangers lives just up the road from you. He would be Ranger Flesh Thorn. Good intro after prodded....and EH is a good school actually. I came from that general area originally, like the country but hated the pace. Army offered free shoes and boots, Rangers gave me 2 sets plus duck hunting uniforms....what a deal. Glad to have you, good luck.
Since you have a Ranger in your general proximity, PM him....nice guy...just dont piss him off. He shoots before he looks.
Yes sir E&H is a great school, I rather enjoy the atmosphere around here. I am orignially from a small town in Alabama so I fit right in once I got here. I have liveded in cities before, but E&H was a nice mix between the two, not to far out and still plenty close too civilization. I must agree with you about pace of life here, even the busy halls of college seem to slow down after a few years.

Usally when I mention E&H most people just stand there with a blank expression right before they ask you where it is. :D I am always glad when someone does know about it. Also I am glad to know there is an example for me too look up too just down the road.

Stuart

Return to “Introduction Archive”