Al Zawahri Ordered Al Qaeda to Murder US Ambassador Stevens

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Al Zawahri Ordered Al Qaeda to Murder US Ambassador Stev

Post by centermass »

RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Amen, brother!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

centermass wrote:Image
If they were flinging their own shit, I'd have mistaken them for howler monkeys.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Chiron wrote:Its release was the "go" signal for the hit team to attack the US diplomats in Benghazi.
This 2 weeks prior to the murders in Libya:
The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all but essential travel to Libya. The incidence of violent crime, especially carjacking and robbery, has become a serious problem. In addition, political violence in the form of assassinations and vehicle bombs has increased in both Benghazi and Tripoli...In addition, political violence, including car bombings in Tripoli and assassinations of military officers and alleged former regime officials in Benghazi, has increased.
Now this:
Libyan officials, US officials and intelligence assets on the ground say the Benghazi embassy attack was planned by Al Qaeda affiliated Islamic extremists.

Libya officials also say that the U.S was warned in advanced but failed to take necessary measures to prevent the attack that took the lives of 4 Americans including that of US Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stephens.
Pretty much explains the spin by the White House continuing to blame the situation and deaths on a movie. After all, when you're so busy making appearances on tv shows, meeting with celebrities, blow off the PM of Israel and now this, why admit responsibility for your negligence during an election year or so close to it?

Makes me sick to my stomach.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75

Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

centermass wrote: Pretty much explains the spin by the White House continuing to blame the situation and deaths on a movie. After all, when you're so busy making appearances on tv shows, meeting with celebrities, blow off the PM of Israel and now this, why admit responsibility for your negligence during an election year or so close to it?

Makes me sick to my stomach.
And nobody, but nobody, in the media will even come close to calling him on it, nor will they even mention this. Agree, it is nauseating.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

"Nobody wants to know more than the president of the united states."

May be after November 6th.

Keep repeating it carney. Eventually, even you may believe it. Not everyone in this country are as stupid as you would believe.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/12/white ... -2012-bus/
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

centermass wrote:"Nobody wants to know more than the president of the united states."

May be after November 6th.

Keep repeating it carney. Eventually, even you may believe it. Not everyone in this country are as stupid as you would believe.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/12/white ... -2012-bus/
"White House throws Hillary under the 2012 bus [VIDEO]"
How appropriate.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Am I mistaken that the Ambassador made the conscious decision not arm his Marines at the Embassy?
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rangertough wrote:Am I mistaken that the Ambassador made the conscious decision not arm his Marines at the Embassy?
Joe Biden said nobody notified the White House. they should have contacted State Department -- he is thowing Hillary Clinton under the bus.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Jim wrote:
rangertough wrote:Am I mistaken that the Ambassador made the conscious decision not arm his Marines at the Embassy?
Joe Biden said nobody notified the White House. they should have contacted State Department -- he is thowing Hillary Clinton under the bus.
Roger.

The decision to issue live ammo to the Marines that guard the Embassy rests solely with the Ambassador. If he decided not to do so, when the first local indicators presented themselves much of the blame rests on the Ambassadors shoulders.

We'll never hear the administration say that, but it's true.

Tough
Rangertough
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

rangertough wrote:
Jim wrote:
Roger.

The decision to issue live ammo to the Marines that guard the Embassy rests solely with the Ambassador. If he decided not to do so, when the first local indicators presented themselves much of the blame rests on the Ambassadors shoulders.

We'll never hear the administration say that, but it's true.

Tough

I thought I read recently somewhere that the US Ambassador to Eygpt Anne Patterson did not allow US Marines guarding the Embassy there to be armed. So given that line of thought it got me thinking about Libya and if a similar directive helped set the stage for the loss of American lives there. I'm sure whereever I read about this it was not the White House or the State Department taking responsibility for any part in it. As others have said, this doesn't sit well in my stomach!
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

It didn't matter if the Marines were armed or not. Stevens was not at the embassy and did not have a Marine guard. In fact he had no guards and he was in the biggest Al-Qaeda dominated region in Libya. Stevens was driving around in a standard vehicle, not armored, with a few men, but not a security detail.

The only reason there were two former SEALs there, was because they were trying to find the weapons that we gave to Al-Qaeda when Obama decided to support them and give yet another country to the Muslim Brotherhood's caliphate. The SEALs did what men like us do, they ran to the sound of the guns... and died so some lying sack of shit could cover this story up with some fantasy story about an angry mob pissed off over a five minute video on youtube... posted two months earlier.

As for the President not knowing it was an attack, this is utter horseshit. Yesterday it was confirmed that a drone was above it all, sending back real time intelligence. So what the president says is that he didn't know it was an attack until two weeks later? This is either a cover-up on the scale of Watergate, or he is one of the most incompetent presidents we have ever had.

If you are keeping track of countries that have fallen to the Muslim Brotherhood or under their direct influence, we now have Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and now Jordan. We now have troops on the border of Syria, ready to help arm and support the Muslim Brotherhood to help take Syria. Meanwhile Turkey has begun to flip in their direction. The caliphate grows and our president makes fairy tales about a video on youtube.

What a load of shit.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

rgrokelley wrote:It didn't matter if the Marines were armed or not. Stevens was not at the embassy and did not have a Marine guard.

More than likely I confused this with what happened in Egypt.

Stevens was driving around in a standard vehicle, not armored, with a few men, but not a security detail.

That's because he was an idiot. Problem is he's reproduced so that idiot gene has been passed on.

The SEALs did what men like us do, they ran to the sound of the guns...

Or they said "Fuck it". Knew they were going to die and decided to add more to their tally of slain.

As for the President not knowing it was an attack, this is utter horseshit.

And.....what's new?

What a load of shit.

Ayup.
Tough
Rangertough
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Due to the formatting, I don't know who replied originally... but,

I don't think Stevens was an idiot for not driving around in an armored vehicle and having a huge security detail. This is the picture that the administration is trying to paint to take the heat off themselves. I think Stevens was on a mission that had to be less conspicuous. Look at all we know, which is hard due to the day to day changes from the administration, and try to put the pieces together.

The two former SEALs were not part of Stevens group, and were on a seperate mission. We know what their mission was because, like most SEALs, they talk and put it on the internet. These two guys were there, working for the CIA, looking for the weapons we gave them to overthrow Qaddafi. They are in Benghazi because that is the center of Al-Qaeda in Libya. To find these weapons you have to go to the top.

Stevens is not your normal ambassador. He is the man who is sent into many hot spots, in covert methods, to negotiate with the local bad guys and turn them to our side. Stevens is not in an embassy in Benghazi... there is no embassy in Benghazi. I think that Stevens was there because the chief rebel didn't want to talk to a few CIA agents, but wanted to negotiate with the man who got them the weapons in the first place. I also think that they wanted to pull him in so they could do a strike on September 11th. This is pre-planned on their part.

So Stevens arrives, heads out in his unmarked, unarmored vehicle, with only a small security detail of a couple of guys. He attempts to negotiate, realizes that something is not right, and heads to a temporary consulate, which in reality was just a rental house with no real security. This rental house is near the CIA safe house where the SEALs are staying. Remember, the SEALs are not part of Stevens' group, however they know that something is wrong. They see the the bad guys doing recon of their position. One of the SEALs sends messages, not through a secure line, but through a gamer site.

OK, seriously, do you think a bunch of SEALs who are about to get hit are really going to be playing Modern Warfare? This gamer site is the emergency contact, if they cannot get through. It is monitored by some CIA minion. On this gamer site the SEAL posts that he thinks they are about to get hit, and they need help NOW!

The attack goes down, and it is a heck of an attack. Over a hundred fighters hit the compound, directing mortar rounds with "laser pinpoint accuracy" on the entrances and exits of the temporary consulate. The SEALs hear this, from over at their house... that is not under attack... and come to the aid of Stevens and his handful of men. They hold off the terrorists, but get killed in the process. They are able to hold them off so that Stevens is able to get out of the building and into a vehicle. However the avenues of escape are covered and Stevens vehicle gets hit by RPG rockets, killing the driver, and wounding Stevens.

Stevens is then taken alive from the vehicle, and held for hours by the terrorists. During that time he is tortured, sodomized and most likely filmed... which we will see sometime in the future.

As for the White House not knowing about this attack, it was all filmed by a drone floating overhead and could be seen in real time.

This is my theory based upon all that has come out. However it changes from day to day. I'm just joe shit average retired army guy. If I knew it was an organized attack from the first few days, then either the president is lying, or he is the most incompetent president we have ever had.

Either way, he has to go.
rangertough wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:It didn't matter if the Marines were armed or not. Stevens was not at the embassy and did not have a Marine guard.

More than likely I confused this with what happened in Egypt.

Stevens was driving around in a standard vehicle, not armored, with a few men, but not a security detail.

That's because he was an idiot. Problem is he's reproduced so that idiot gene has been passed on.

The SEALs did what men like us do, they ran to the sound of the guns...

Or they said "Fuck it". Knew they were going to die and decided to add more to their tally of slain.

As for the President not knowing it was an attack, this is utter horseshit.

And.....what's new?

What a load of shit.

Ayup.
Tough
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger