Problem at MEPS

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Chuck Grizzles
Future Soldier / Opt40

Problem at MEPS

Post by Chuck Grizzles »

Hello Rangers,

Any and all help/advice with this issue would be much appreciated. It has me worried.

So yesterday I went once again to MEPS to get my 2 year old physical renewed. I am already contracted and have a ship date. While taking the ortho exam one of the doctors noticed that my right ring finger is a little fatter than the others because I jammed it a couple weeks ago wrestling. I didn't notify anyone of this "problem" because I didn't believe it would be one. I got an O under the U in my physical profile and the doctors did not check off whether I am qualified or disqualified on my paperwork. When I went to my liaison, the woman dealing with me seemed a little pissed but she said that I can leave and I'm already in so it doesn't matter. My recruiters said that they'll find out whether I have to go back to MEPS or not. I also overheard my recruiter on the phone with his First Sergeant saying that I got an open profile. Does this mean I'll have to divulge all my medical records? And what are the chances I'll have to go to MEPS again?

Thank you Rangers for any insight, advice, or experience given in response to my concerns.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20121106

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Problem at MEPS

Post by centermass »

also overheard my recruiter on the phone with his First Sergeant saying that I got an open profile.
Probably means exactly that. Right now, you have a finger with a problem, that with time, may or may not heal. If it's nothing really serious, a re-eval will more than likely clear you once you're back up to speed. Just don't do anything to aggravate it further.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Chuck Grizzles
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Chuck Grizzles »

Roger that Ranger centermass.
11X OPT 40

GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

centermass wrote:
also overheard my recruiter on the phone with his First Sergeant saying that I got an open profile.
Probably means exactly that. Right now, you have a finger with a problem, that with time, may or may not heal. If it's nothing really serious, a re-eval will more than likely clear you once you're back up to speed. Just don't do anything to aggravate it further.
x2. Take some Motrin, drink some water, and don't break it the rest of the way. And go do some push-ups when you read this to make sure it's still working.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Chuck Grizzles
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Chuck Grizzles »

Roger that Ranger GoldCoast. I've been doing PT fine with it. It doesn't bother me.
11X OPT 40

Return to “The Mosh Pit”