Free National Park Pass For Military and Dependents

News of interest to those in the Ranger and Special Operations Community. News is generated and placed here from the front page of ArmyRanger.com

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Free National Park Pass For Military and Dependents

Post by Flesh Thorn »

NORFOLK, Va. – Active-duty military personnel and their dependents will soon be able to enter every national park for free as part of an effort to thank service members and their families for the sacrifices they make, the Interior Department announced Tuesday.
An annual pass will be made available to members of the military free of charge beginning Saturday, which is Armed Forces Day. The America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Annual Pass ordinarily costs $80. It provides access to more than 2,000 national parks, wildlife refuges and other public lands.
The initiative is being marked with a Tuesday ceremony at Colonial National Historical Park in Yorktown, Va., the site of the last major battle of the American Revolutionary War. The park is nestled in a region of Virginia that plays host to all five branches of the military, including the world's largest naval base.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/15/mi ... z1uwZfV36Q
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Free National Park Pass For Military and Dependents

Post by Steadfast »

In addition there is a free Golden Access Passport available to (says on its back):

Pass issued to any citizen or permanent resident of the United States who has been determined to be blind or permanently disabled for the purposes of receiving benefits under Federal law. Pass valid for Federal entrance fee areas. Admits passport signee and accompanying passengers in a single, private, noncommercial vehicle, or alternatively, passport signee, spouse and children where entry is by means other than private, noncommercial vehicle. Pass is nontransferable and entitles passport signee ONLY 50% discount on use fees, e.g., camping, and cave tours. Pass is not valid for any special recreation permit fee. Persons violating a term or condition of this permit may have the passport seized and may be subject to a fine and/or imprisonment as provided by law.
Agencies administering Federal recreation areas where the Golden Access Passport is honored:
Bureau Of Land Management
Fish & Wildlife Services
Bureau Of Reclamation
National Park Service
Forest Service
Tennessee Valley Authority
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70