how likely to get into rangers from the 82nd?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
bornwarrior

how likely to get into rangers from the 82nd?

Post by bornwarrior »

Hi everybody,
I passed the ASVAB and the physical a couple of months ago and I am enlisting in a few months (just waiting on a situation to clear up). I am shooting for airborne school and an airborne unit. All my life I have strived to be the best at whatever I do and love the challenges of combat (professional Thai boxer). I would love to serve in the 75th regiment but unfortunately since I am not a citizen I can't ask for option 40. My recruiter told me that once I get to my first duty station I will get my citizenship after few months, then I can try to get into the rangers. My question: 1) is how likely will I be able to get it, 2)what is the process, 3)and how should I go about it? This is home for me and I love this country more than anything else and I would love to give back as much as I can. thanks a lot for your inputs.
Dublo
Ranger

Re: how likely to get into rangers from the 82nd?

Post by Dublo »

bornwarrior wrote:Hi everybody,
I passed the ASVAB and the physical a couple of months ago and I am enlisting in a few months (just waiting on a situation to clear up). I am shooting for airborne school and an airborne unit. All my life I have strived to be the best at whatever I do and love the challenges of combat (professional Thai boxer). I would love to serve in the 75th regiment but unfortunately since I am not a citizen I can't ask for option 40. My recruiter told me that once I get to my first duty station I will get my citizenship after few months, then I can try to get into the rangers. My question: 1) is how likely will I be able to get it, 2)what is the process, 3)and how should I go about it? This is home for me and I love this country more than anything else and I would love to give back as much as I can. thanks a lot for your inputs.

Well, you could start by capitalizing Rangers.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
REMF
Embryo

Post by REMF »

Welcome.

Please post an intro and read the FAQs.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/faq.php

Use the search function.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/search.php
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

I am the same guy who posted the question. I had a problem with my account so I had to register once more under a different user.
Allright Dublo, sorry about not capitalizing Rangers. No disrecpect intended. God how will I dare?
REMF, I read FAQ. thank you. Can you please help me with my questions.
NoahH
Ranger

Post by NoahH »

Warrior,

You need to post an introduction here: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=35

I don't believe you read ALL the FAQs so go here and do that: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=16

You should go to your user profile and select an avatar from the newts section as well.

Also, ALL Rangers on this site are addressed as Ranger "Insert name" i.e. Ranger Dublo.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

warrior wrote:I am the same guy who posted the question. I had a problem with my account so I had to register once more under a different user.
Allright Dublo, sorry about not capitalizing Rangers. No disrecpect intended. God how will I dare?
REMF, I read FAQ. thank you. Can you please help me with my questions.
The Ranger's name isn't Dublo, it is Ranger Dublo to you and you fucken better correct that shit right away by reading the FAQ's & that is Soldier REMF to you too!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

when he stops digging his hole, I'll answer his question. maybe.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
warrior
Embryo

I apologize

Post by warrior »

I am very sorry. In my haste and excitment I made a fool out of my self. I apologize to Ranger Dublo, Ranger Steadfast, Ranger hit_it, and Soldier REMF. I never meant to show a lack of respect. Thanks Dep NoahH for the tip. I am new at this. So thanks for getting me with the program.
Please accept.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Re: I apologize

Post by AngryPistols »

warrior wrote:I am very sorry. In my haste and excitment I made a fool out of my self. I apologize to Ranger Dublo, Ranger Steadfast, Ranger hit_it, and Soldier REMF. I never meant to show a lack of respect. Thanks Dep NoahH for the tip. I am new at this. So thanks for getting me with the program.
Please accept.
I won't attempt to add to your misery, however, you need to pay attention to detail. You should address SFC hit_it as SFC hit_it.

He has earned that title and please show him the proper courtesy.

Angry

HINT: Not everyone is a Ranger.(me included)
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

Thanks Soldier Angry Pistols for the hint ( I hope this is the right form). Misery is nothing more than a chance to overcome our weaknesses. I always welcome it. Another apology to SFC hit_it, not familiar yet with all the formalities. I hope from now on, I will write something else other than mistakes and apologies.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

warrior wrote:Thanks Soldier Angry Pistols for the hint ( I hope this is the right form). Misery is nothing more than a chance to overcome our weaknesses. I always welcome it. Another apology to SFC hit_it, not familiar yet with all the formalities. I hope from now on, I will write something else other than mistakes and apologies.
Yer doin fine.

Everyone makes mistakes when they come on here. Just keep learning from them, don't get an attitude, and you'll be fine.
RSD 96-99
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

once you recive your citizenship, and have serve at least a year in the 82d, you should be able to apply for the Rangers.

whether or not the deuce will let you go is another question entirely. you can however reenlist for it. quite a few people doing that nowadays.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

thank you SFC hit_it. I will do that. Since I wanted to make the Army a lifetime careeer, I was going to enlist for max yrs (6 yrs). But now, I think I should enlist for 3 yrs and then re up and ask for RIP. I just didn't wanna look like that I am coming in just to get all of the benefits and leave the party early. I appreciate the help.

Return to “Recruitment Process”