need guidance

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

toro77
Embryo

need guidance

Post by toro77 »

I'm 34 years old and I'm in the process of joining the army and I turn 35 April 21st of this year. I told my recruiter I was interested in 11x with an option 40. He stated that because of the time frame we have before I turned 35, he couldn't guarantee me the option to pick my mos. Plus he said that there where not offering any option 40's!!!
I did some research and found out that it was much easier to obtain an option 40 at the beginning of the year. Is this true?
Any advise is well appreciated, Thnks!!!
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: need guidance

Post by Baseplate »

Your problem lies in the fact that you have a very limited time to hold out for the contract you want. If I were in your shoes I would hold out until early March and if I didn't see what I wanted then I would take the best available contract and go from there.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
toro77
Embryo

Post by toro77 »

Thank you for your guidance and time Baseplate. I'm planning to wait as much as I can, but once again do to the time frame my recruiter told me the next ship date before my 35th birthday would be in the late march. Don't know if he just wants me just to pick anything instead of waiting a bit more.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I don't think he is trying to screw you over so much as you are just very limited on time
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
toro77
Embryo

Post by toro77 »

I appreciate your swift response and guidance Baseplate. I'm going to take your advise Baseplate and wait as much as I can and hopefully I see what I want.
toro77
Embryo

Post by toro77 »

No I haven't ranger xray. But I will definitely look into and broaden my options. Ranger xray, will I be able to obtain a option 40 going airborne medic contract?

Return to “Introduction Archive”