A Father's Second Request: Sgt William Aaron Barr

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Robert K. Barr
Veteran/ Ranger Parent

A Father's Second Request: Sgt William Aaron Barr

Post by Robert K. Barr »

It's been over 16 months, since my only son, best friend and valiant Ranger "Sgt William Aaron Barr", was killed by a hit and run driver in Macon GA only 2 months after his discharge. All investigation by County authorities into his so called "accident" has ceased; if, as it was witnessed by one man, intentional, then "manslaughter" should have been charged. I leave that up to a "higher authority". removed.

I have received few responses to my request that his Ranger Brothers/Leaders/Officers help me in honoring him by sending stories or photos of him while he was serving in the 1/75th.

I have attached one of the pictures I received and have removed his call sign.

Since he was not killed or wounded in combat though deployed many times, his remembrance of service or honor deserved remain hidden and silent to the public in general. I plan on changing that in publication one day but his family and I have very little information from this period of his life.
I know the impact that others had on Aaron's life; that Aaron's life was changed by Ranger Bell and other Ranger mentors/friends who guided him and that based on the few response I have received, he in turn was influential or notable in the lives of those Rangers who served with him. I ask you all again, please search your photos or write to me about him if you knew him or served with him. It would help an aging father"s continued recovery from the grief one man in a moments rage or inattention caused to his friends, father and family. It would enable me to write about him to others.

All confidence will be kept if requested, all military protocol will be stringently observed.

God Bless you all, RLTW

Robert Barr
RobertBarr1952@gmail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The News Dump”