Workout plan input requested!

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
jsim25
Future Soldier / Opt40

Workout plan input requested!

Post by jsim25 »

Hello Rangers!

My current workout regimen consists of 200 push-ups in sets of 40, 250 situps in sets of 50, and 80 pullups in sets of 10 Monday through Saturday, while also lifting weights 5 days a week.I run 5 miles Monday,Wednesday, and Saturday and 4 miles Tuesday and Sunday. I'm just curious to know what you Rangers think of my plan and whether or not I'm doing enough to prepare myself. All input and advice is appreciated!
jmc2282
Embryo

Re: Workout plan input requested!

Post by jmc2282 »

Try doing 20 sets of 20 pushups, 20 sets of 25 situps, 20 sets of 15 dips, and 20 sets of 10 pullups. No rest between sets or between circuits go till you are finished. Currently im at 300+ for Pt score with over 25 pullups because of this workout. If you cant do all of the pullups for a set, drop from bar rest 10-15 seconds and complete the rest of them. For running you are fine i think as long as you continue to improve you pace try to exceed the ranger standard of 8 minute miles for the distance running.
jsim25
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Workout plan input requested!

Post by jsim25 »

Thanks for the reply jmc,

That seems like a good way to space out the sets, I'll try it this week.Though I think I'll stick with my pull-up routine because 200 pull-ups every night seems monotonous and I do weighted pull-ups a couple times a week so that keeps my max pretty high. Also, when you do your sit-ups do you hold down your feet with a barbell or with nothing holding them down?

Return to “About Army Physical Training”