1/75 Memorial footage

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

goon175
Ranger

1/75 Memorial footage

Post by goon175 »

Below is the link to the wsav story on the 1/75 memorial service today. I was not aware that Batt. switched to multicam, full color scroll/tab and full color CIB's/jump wings for the duty uniform. It looks damn sharp, and I hope the rest of the army looks at this and adopts it. The service looked moving, as always. Wasn't able to make it down to this one with the holidays around the corner and my brothers impending RASP graduation, but wish I could have been there.

http://www2.wsav.com/news/2011/nov/04/s ... .ly/uZ2qqA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: 1/75 Memorial footage

Post by colt1rgr »

I was there for the last one back in May and although I knew better, I was "truly" hoping that it would be "the last one". Given MG Fuller's removal after his response to Karzai's comments about how he'd be on Pakistan's side "against us", I just cannot help but think "what a waste of Americas finest fighting men." I really think its time to get the hell outta there and just carpet bomb them SOBs weekly just for the hell of it. I know thats not the PC thing to say, but after watching this............ well thats what I'm feeling. Thanks for posting this Goon.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Here's another one from the other station in sav.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/15963073/rang ... y-airfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Good shit, Goon. Love the new look, but hate the circumstances. Tear jerker for sure.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”