Dozens of U.S. paratroopers injured after parachute jump dur

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Dozens of U.S. paratroopers injured after parachute jump dur

Post by K.Ingraham »

Dozens of U.S. paratroopers injured after parachute jump during mock battle goes horrifically wrong
Reports 13 paratroopers suffered head, spine and pelvic injuries during the training exercise
By Allan Hall

Last updated at 4:16 PM on 7th October 2011

Dozens of U.S. Army paratroopers have been hurt during a massive airborne drop in Germany.
Sixteen of the 47 injured men are still in hospital, two of them in intensive care after the jump involving 1,000 soldiers went terribly wrong. They suffered head, spine and pelvic injuries.
The exercise pitted soldiers from the Vicenza, Italy-based 173rd Airborne Brigade in a mock-battle scenario with Slovakian soldiers and American troops from the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team over the Hohenfels training area in Bavaria, southern Germany.

Read entire article and usual dross reader response:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1a72xqxVv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: Dozens of U.S. paratroopers injured after parachute jump

Post by colt1rgr »

How about this assclown's response?

When was the last time that paratroopers were deployed in wartime? My guess is WW II and I doubt the need to even use them in modern warfare.
- Peter Hobson, Hendersonville, N.C. USA, 07/10/2011 16:58

As for the paras? If it was easy they'd let legs do it! Sometimes you miss the DZ. It sucks. Get over it. "You ain't got a broken bone protruding thru the skin or have lost an eye..... shut your pie hole and ruck up! Pickup an azimuth and let's move out! Wussies!" :P :wink:

Nothing more than God's way of using prevailing winds and AirFarce miscalculations to weed out the weak.............. I'm jus' sayin' :wink: :mrgreen:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Dozens of U.S. paratroopers injured after parachute jump

Post by cams »

I liked this comment:

"They should've used more of the fairies they're recruiting, they would've floated down." :D
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The News Dump”