m249 SAW carbine?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
jrw2692
Embryo

m249 SAW carbine?

Post by jrw2692 »

I saw a picture of a SAW which looked like it had a retractable stock. The soldier carrying it was from the 82nd so it would make sense if he was carrying a carbine version of it. Is there a carbine version of the m249 in use right now? I'll try to find that picture again and post it.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

There is a bit more to this site than a forum so you may want to look around a bit.

jrw2692
Embryo

Post by jrw2692 »

Thanks alot, pneves. I completley forgot about the weapons section of this site.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Yeah that's the way my SAW was 'accessorized' also...made clearing stoppages/rapid reloads a pain in the ass also.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Do they still have that stupid obtrusive carrying handle on them?
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Ours did; I usually taped it down in the 'side' position. Hated that almost as much as the stupid bipod. Always hangin' up, getting one leg fully extended while the other was all the way up...SAW's were always treated as friggin' weapons racks; everybody in the whole team would lay their peashooters across it. :x
Spartan

HOT Pistol!

Post by Spartan »

Dammit - I went and looked on FN's site, following the link that want2race posted and found this pistol.

Damn, I need to become a 'reserve peace officer' or something!
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

HOLY SHIT... :shock:
Bell

Post by Bell »

Could try for one of these.

http://www.shadowsource.org/dragon/OICW2.html

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

That's a bit overkill for out here, and perhaps even for the military. Of course it could be broken down and tailored for a mission, but man, that's a bulky looking weapon!

I'd stick with the pistol - 20 rounds of ammo without a significant trajectory for moderate distances - 100 meter pistol shots.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hopefully a squad of infantry would only be burdened with 2 of these, leaving the other members with other means of firing up the enemy, and of course, manuevering.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Just something new and expensive for Rangers to break.... :twisted:

Return to “Weapons of War”