Introduction- Dillan

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Dillan92
Embryo

Introduction- Dillan

Post by Dillan92 »

Hello Rangers my name is Dillan, im 19 years old and my a life long goal to become a Ranger.

I have taken the ASVAB my junior year and scored an AFQT score of 56 and GT of 106 I understand that the GT is below standard. I have recenlty bought a ASVAB study guide and plan to retake the ASVAB again in a few months and, this time im going to do way better, when I was a junior i didnt take the test seriously.

Physically I need to get better also im running four miles a day untimed and two miles a day around seven minutes a mile. For push-up and sit-ups I timed my self, i can do 71 pushups and, 84 sit-ups both in a two minute period.

I understand that improvement is needed in all areas and im more than willing to get better. Im 19 and have plenty of time to achieve my goals.

As i can tell already this site is full of information, It is very very helpful,I jus want to thank you for the oppertunity for me to just introduce my self to such a community.. it truly is an honor.

Rangers I want this with all of my heart and soul and any advice whould be a blessing
Dillan92
Embryo

Re: Introduction- Dillan

Post by Dillan92 »

Sorry Rangers i meant my life long goal is to become a U.S Army Ranger
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Welcome to the site. If your life long goal is to be an Army Ranger, how come you did not take the ASVAB more seriously in H.S., and how come you are 19 and not in the Army yet? One would assume if your life long goal was to be an Army Ranger, that you would already be in the pipeline heading towards your goal.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Dillan92
Embryo

Post by Dillan92 »

Ranger goon175 my dad wanted me to wait after high school to join because he thought the army was not the right decision for me, instead he thought I needed to get a good job and go from there... But here i am 19 and got a regular job not really happy were im at. As for the high school ASVAB I had no time to prepare for it because the school didnt even notify me that were gona take it until the day of. I showed up for school and then they tell us, I didnt have a test stradegy or anything to the affect. Truthfully i didnt kno what to expect from it.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Roger. It's too bad that some people don't consider the Army to be a good job. Well, best of luck to you, judging by the way you typed your response, you have a lot of studying to do for the ASVAB.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Dillan92
Embryo

Post by Dillan92 »

Yes sir I noticed the grammatical errors as well and, I will work on Ranger goon175; I want Ranger too bad to fail
Dillan92
Embryo

Post by Dillan92 »

There is no excuse for that, I have been out of school so im a little rusty. With a some touch up work it will come back to me. Thanks Ranger goon175 for the response though, im thankful that you took the time to at least learn more about me.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, young man. If you are serious about becoming an Army Ranger, you can learn a great deal here. Look, listen and pay attention to detail. NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Dillan92
Embryo

Post by Dillan92 »

Thanks Ranger Ron

"Look, listen and pay attetion to detail. NEVER QUIT" are words to live by, thanks again sir!
Dillan92
Embryo

Post by Dillan92 »

Ranger goon175 in other posts on this site i understand that your a recruiter. Well you prolly know the answer to a question i have. I know the minimums for the ASVAB for Rangers, but what is expected to get and option 40. My guess the army is not going to take the "minimums"
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Dillan take a second and post replies to muliple people in one post. You are making yourslef look stupid. Don't respond to this
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “Introduction Archive”