Advice

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Deliverance
Embryo

Advice

Post by Deliverance »

Hey guys, just was wishing for a little Ranger input. Im prepared to the best of my abilities, for the RIP course. But what I was hoping to do here, is, if I may ask, could you guys give me any advice about the RIP course, that you think may be beneficial to me, and that you would be willing to share. I just want to pass, and show everyone that I am willing to go above and beyond what is expected of me. Im leaving Oct. 6 and any wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for any and all guidance.

-James
Spartan

Re: Advice

Post by Spartan »

Deliverer wrote:Hey guys, just was wishing for a little Ranger input. Im prepared to the best of my abilities, for the RIP course. But what I was hoping to do here, is, if I may ask, could you guys give me any advice about the RIP course, that you think may be beneficial to me, and that you would be willing to share. I just want to pass, and show everyone that I am willing to go above and beyond what is expected of me. Im leaving Oct. 6 and any wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for any and all guidance.

-James
The first bit of advice I will give you is to go back and read this FAQ:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837
Bell

Post by Bell »

Here's some facts. When I enlisted in '79 no one told me about that miserable roadmarch in Basics. They didn't tell me about the gig system in Airborne School. And nobody said a word about RIP.

I got to RIP, thinking it was my new duty station, and asked for leave. That went over like a lead balloon. 6 weeks later I got to 1/75th.

I didn't have the internet, I didn't have help. Everyfucking day was a surprise to me.

Just do it.

RLTW
Bell
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Now that's a real life fucking Nike commerical right there. You should pitch that to them.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

I fixed your avatar problem, AssPilot.
Deliverance
Embryo

Post by Deliverance »

Well the advice I did recieve is a little helpful, thank you for fixing the avatar, and I am not asking you to hold my hand, I did read the FAQ and Im not trying to disrespect any of you. If you didnt want to answer my question, and dont want me on the forums, then thats all you had to say. Im not looking to piss anyone off, I registered on these forums, so that I could get a cumulation of advice, from veterans, and I thought, that if I had questions, actual Rangers would be the ones to speak with. I apologize if in some way this offended you.

-James
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

I'm a newt like you, bry this link if you haven't already, http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4485

Good luck.
Last edited by SRR2R on September 20th, 2004, 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Stacked & Racked wrote:
Deliverance wrote:I registered on these forums, so that I could get a cumulation
Cumulation? WTF?! Kinda goes well with the name, huh?

Ass, I'm no Ranger, but try this link if you haven't already, http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4485

Good luck.
Wow, what a great link Stacked & Racked. Thank you very much. It was right here in front of my nose had I even bothered to look for it. Gee whiz, you guys are great. All my questions answered in just one link.

In the future, I am gonna check more, duh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The whole thing works in cycles and being that you have not even experienced one day in RIP, there is much you do not have to worry about at this time. At this time, simply PT your ass off, maybe buy a Ranger Handbook and read through it. Not that you will need to memorize the thing, but simply being exposed to the information is a good thing.

As to the cycles of RIP and in BN:

In RIP: The stress of constantly worrying if you have all the shit you are supposed to have in your rucksack that was on a packing list, if you are in the right place and doing the right thing at any given time.

In BN: The confidence after 6 months in Bn of not worrying about small stuff like that and being able to pay attention to what your fireteam/squad/platoon is doing at all times and how those actions fit into the larger mission.

The stress another 6 months later of keeping track of your new responsibility, a fire team or gun team and it's members, where they are, do they have their shit, are they all doing the right thing, etc...

The confidence after being a team leader for 6 months about knowing you inspected them thoroughly and trained them well before hand and that they know where they are supposed to be, what they are supposed to be doing and are taking some responsibility in training the newbie that is new to your fireteam.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Best advice..

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up.

How's that?
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Steve1/75
Ranger

Re: Advice

Post by Steve1/75 »

Deliverance wrote:wishing for a little Ranger input.
Im prepared to the best of my abilities,
could you guys give me any.
I am willing to go above and beyond what is expected of me.
Don’t listen to these assholes, I know what you want, I’ll help you.
Come closer.
A 1/75 1982-1986
Ranger Class 14-83
USMC S/S 1-85. SOT.

Return to “About RASP”