Hello Rangers!

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BoarHunter
Tadpole

Hello Rangers!

Post by BoarHunter »

FIRST:

My name is Chris and happy to find this site and participate. Quick intro: I am a college student (University of Colorado). I am 22 and from Littleton, CO.

Now, I was wondering if yall would not mind answering a question of mine. I have read the FAQs and belive my question unique.

I signed my contract 2 weeks ago>>>> I will pull out the main parts I am curious about

-Option 40
-ENLOC: RGV4
-Assoc option 16, 174, 224
- Title: (it has three areas where it says "title")
1 Infantry recruit
2 US Army Airborne Ranger
3 US Army High grad bonus, US army Cash Bonus, US army airborne bonus
- First unit of assignment: Ranger training

Now, the Question: I saw a ranger contract at the recruiters office. It had dates that all the training started.....it had basic, AIT, Airborne and then a RIP date. I have basic, AIT, Airborne, and then it has NO date RIP starts?

Should I worry? All I want to be is a RAnger! I sure hope this is some innocent glitch.

Again, glad to be part of the site!
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

It's just fine, do a little more researching on here, the answer to your question is on this site.....some of the DEPS will be along shortly to square you away.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site. You're good to go on that contract. As long as it says Option 40 you'll do basic/AIT, Airborne School, RIP, then get assigned to a Battalion. If you make it that far.

Special Forces and Rangers are two units in the Army that have qualification courses you must pass before being assigned to your unit.

Good luck and prepare yourself. You're about to take a walk on the wild side.

RLTW
Bell
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Oh yeah, welcome to the site.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
BoarHunter
Tadpole

Post by BoarHunter »

RANGERS, thank you.

RANGER Dublo, I apologize about the question. I felt I looked for the answer to avoid this situation.

RANGER Bell, I am ready. Just need to run alittle more;-)
Last edited by BoarHunter on September 16th, 2004, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Boarhunter, you have become the hunted. You will not post again until you read the FAQ's. If you address another Ranger on this board without prefacing it with Ranger I'll reach through this monitor and choke you out. I'll get the Admin to banish yer ass too.

This isn't your normal community chat board. This is Ranger country and we have rules. Get with the program.

RLTW
Bell
BoarHunter
Tadpole

RANGER Bell

Post by BoarHunter »

Ranger Bell, understood, I ment that RANGER at the top to be part of how I adressed you below
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome to thi site BH.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome, and show respect to the Rangers on this board in all that you do.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

Welcome to the site, PM on the way.
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Welcome
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Welcome.....can anyone tell me what an army airborne bonus is????
BoarHunter
Tadpole

Post by BoarHunter »

TK, I ship Feb 1st.

I will see what an AVTAR (i think pic) is in the FAQs

Return to “Introduction Archive”