MEPs background checks

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: MEPs background checks

Post by K.Ingraham »

S0LiD SN4KE wrote:[I was asking a yes or no question.
I'll spell it out for you. "N" "O".

Unless MEPS has changed the rules recently, you cannot enlist due to a proscribed medical condition.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

RMP-RLTW wrote:You speak/type as if we were your guest on this site. You answer questions like you are talking to your friends. I for one am not your friend and I am sure that the other people on the site would appreciate it if you would address them properly as Ranger before replying.

I have read your posts and it seems like you have nothing but ailments to keep you from your "dream". You are seriously worried about diarrhea? Are you fucking kidding me?!?! Suck it the fuck up!
My apologizes Ranger RMP-RLTW and other Rangers for my ignorance of addressing. I'm not worried about the diarrhea, I'm just trying to make sure they let me in without making a big deal of little things such as that.
K.Ingraham wrote:
I'll spell it out for you. "N" "O".

Unless MEPS has changed the rules recently, you cannot enlist due to a proscribed medical condition.
Thanks Ranger K.Ingraham.
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Listen up sport, these Rangers are telling you like it is. My advice to you is listen to what they're telling you and shut the fuck up! What the hell is the matter with you? I understand that you don't like the answers you're being given but it's time for you to man up and accept reality.
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Ranger boscounderfoot I understand that I can't join due to my asthma, but I will work to my hardest to overcome this obstacle and to join.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

S0LiD SN4KE wrote:Ranger boscounderfoot I understand that I can't join due to my asthma, but I will work to my hardest to overcome this obstacle and to join.
That should have been the answer in the first place.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I just posted this in your intro, but it is more appropriate here:

I have asthma too so I know whereof I speak (not diagnosed until after my mil service). An event can be triggered by exercise, stress and pollution - chances are you will not outgrow it, especially in a military environment where open pit burning is only one of the environmental health influences you'll be exposed to.
Consider the other branches if they'll waiver, the Navy and Coast Guard in particular. The USCG has a real job in peacetime as well, and the mission is just as "manly". Professional EMS and law enforcement are other avenues for service.
Lots of options are open to you and you have all sorts of time for mid-course corrections if your first career choice isn't for you.
Now, as we like to say around here "read much -- post little."
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Thanks Ranger K.Ingraham, I'll be sure to look into those other options.

Return to “Recruitment Process”