French Jokes

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Mom in Texas
Tadpole

French Army Officers

Post by Mom in Texas »

A long time ago, Britain and France were at war. During one battle, the French captured an English major. Taking the Major to their headquarters, the French General began to question him.

"Why do your English officers all wear red coats? Don't you know the red material makes you easier targets for us to shoot at?" exclaimed the French General.

In his bland English way, the Major informed the General that the reason English officers wear red coats is so that if they are shot, the blood won't show and the men they are leading won't panic.

This little-known historical fact clearly explains why, from that day until now, all French Army Officers wear brown pants.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
JMar
Ranger

Post by JMar »

Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees?

Because the Germans like to march in the shade.

Oldie, but goodie.

"Praise no the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk."
-Viking Proverb

1PLT, A Co., 3/75 "Glory Boys" 2006-2012
RW Aviator 2012-Present
RS Class 06-08
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
eltrane
Tadpole

Post by eltrane »

The French are selling off the military's rifles, they're all in the same conditon; never been fired & only dropped once.
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”