9/11 Anniversary

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

VAK
USAF Veteran

9/11 Anniversary

Post by VAK »

As now the 3rd Anniversary of the Attack on our Nation rounds, I take this moment of silence to reflect on those thousands lost at ground zero in New York City. Those thousand's of Police Officer's and Firefighter's who are still paying a devastating cost both with their health and their heart's as they continue to fight this raging war on terror and their war on crime and a silent war so few will ever hear of.... I take too, a moment to reflect on those hundreds of thousands of Officer's and firefighter's across the Nation who battle along side one another, planning, thwarting and living with demon's of their own in this fight.

I take this moment to reflect on those in the Pentagon who as the Nation's very symbol of military strength and power around the world found themselves under attack, but continued to work unabated and continue still to plan and orchestrate this Global War on Terror. Each day as they go to their offices they are reminded that they are a target, sometime's I fear that they too lead from their own front in this war.

I take a moment to reflect on those thousands of citizen's who must think as they board planes of those brave souls aboard that ill fated flight downed in a Pennsylvania field, wondering if they could live up to the courage and valor shown by those brave few who took back their plane. I believe in my heart that there is enough of the American Spirit left in so many that they would. They've kept the skies full and our way of life has not been taken away by those acts of butchery, so savage and so evil in the name of a leader cowering in a cave thousands of miles away....

I take now a moment to thank the million's of families who'se lives are being interupted by this war, as their loved one's are mobilzed and called off to battle this evil. How proud we all are, how grateful can a Nation be? Certainly never grateful enough. But know you are alway's in our thought's and prayer's....

And now I take this moment, perhaps two to reflect on those who have been wounded or who have given their live's in this war on Terror. I've heard so many names of Operation's over the years, I've heard so many models and as we've now seen over 1000 of our soldier's fall fighting this evil to protect freedom, my heart aches to have each home with their family. I know it will never be. As I read each day the DoD reports of casualties, my heart cries out to God to comfort and fill the heart's of those families who'se home's have been ripped apart. Yet, my heart too swells with pride as I know that not only do we have these fine young men and women in the finest military in the world working to rid the world of the plague of terror, other's who have already filled their commitment are returning in the civilian world to yet again battle for their Nation and the cause of Freedom and that in itself bespeaks volumes of this Nation's Warrior's.... Truly we are blessed as there are no finer. I thank you, your Nation thanks you and our Prayer's stay with you every second of every day.

Lastly, I will take one final moment to reflect on the efforts of our Commander in Chief who battles both in the limelight and behind the scenes to fulfill a personall commitment to keep this Nation both safe and free. He too has the thought's and prayer's of a grateful Nation....

To you all, Soldier's, Airmen, Marine's, Sailor's, Police Officer's, Firefighter's and just that American who still believe's and support's their Nation and fights the silent fight. My hat's off to you. I pray this morning that we take this War to where it needs go, to it's end. To the rid of the threat of Terror anywhere and everywhere and I pray that God will walk each stap with you....

Godspeed,
usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I have taken to wearing Firehouse uniform T-shirts. I have about 6 T-shirts I wear as often as I can (and still keep them clean). Today I am wearing one from the Monterey Park firehouse in California.

I am not a fireman wanna-be but it subliminaly reminds poeple whats at stake.

WE HAVE TO FIGHT THIS WAR FAR FROM THE SHORES OF OUR LOVED ONES!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

My thoughts and prayers are to the innocent victims and thier relatives.
God bless them
Last edited by Swoff on September 11th, 2004, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Do?
Tadpole

Post by Who Do? »

God bless them all.
Ranger Bell wrote:You fellas are men, or soon to be. Act like it. Ya want something, get it. She's cute? Take her. hahahahahhaa
the_machine
Tadpole

Re: 9/11 Anniversary

Post by the_machine »

usaftacp wrote:As now the 3rd Anniversary of the Attack on our Nation rounds, I take this moment of silence to reflect on those thousands lost at ground zero in New York City. Those thousand's of Police Officer's and Firefighter's who are still paying a devastating cost both with their health and their heart's as they continue to fight this raging war on terror and their war on crime and a silent war so few will ever hear of.... I take too, a moment to reflect on those hundreds of thousands of Officer's and firefighter's across the Nation who battle along side one another, planning, thwarting and living with demon's of their own in this fight.

I take this moment to reflect on those in the Pentagon who as the Nation's very symbol of military strength and power around the world found themselves under attack, but continued to work unabated and continue still to plan and orchestrate this Global War on Terror. Each day as they go to their offices they are reminded that they are a target, sometime's I fear that they too lead from their own front in this war.

I take a moment to reflect on those thousands of citizen's who must think as they board planes of those brave souls aboard that ill fated flight downed in a Pennsylvania field, wondering if they could live up to the courage and valor shown by those brave few who took back their plane. I believe in my heart that there is enough of the American Spirit left in so many that they would. They've kept the skies full and our way of life has not been taken away by those acts of butchery, so savage and so evil in the name of a leader cowering in a cave thousands of miles away....

I take now a moment to thank the million's of families who'se lives are being interupted by this war, as their loved one's are mobilzed and called off to battle this evil. How proud we all are, how grateful can a Nation be? Certainly never grateful enough. But know you are alway's in our thought's and prayer's....

And now I take this moment, perhaps two to reflect on those who have been wounded or who have given their live's in this war on Terror. I've heard so many names of Operation's over the years, I've heard so many models and as we've now seen over 1000 of our soldier's fall fighting this evil to protect freedom, my heart aches to have each home with their family. I know it will never be. As I read each day the DoD reports of casualties, my heart cries out to God to comfort and fill the heart's of those families who'se home's have been ripped apart. Yet, my heart too swells with pride as I know that not only do we have these fine young men and women in the finest military in the world working to rid the world of the plague of terror, other's who have already filled their commitment are returning in the civilian world to yet again battle for their Nation and the cause of Freedom and that in itself bespeaks volumes of this Nation's Warrior's.... Truly we are blessed as there are no finer. I thank you, your Nation thanks you and our Prayer's stay with you every second of every day.

Lastly, I will take one final moment to reflect on the efforts of our Commander in Chief who battles both in the limelight and behind the scenes to fulfill a personall commitment to keep this Nation both safe and free. He too has the thought's and prayer's of a grateful Nation....

To you all, Soldier's, Airmen, Marine's, Sailor's, Police Officer's, Firefighter's and just that American who still believe's and support's their Nation and fights the silent fight. My hat's off to you. I pray this morning that we take this War to where it needs go, to it's end. To the rid of the threat of Terror anywhere and everywhere and I pray that God will walk each stap with you....

Godspeed,
usaftacp
Very touching..I still remember where I was when it happened and there will never be a day when I don't wake up every morning to thank whatever God you choose to beleive it that it didn't get any worse.

Today holds a more personal meaning for me though...

I came within a hair's breath of losing both my daughter and my mother three years ago as if my mother hadn't called in sick, she and my daughter would've had a ringside seat at GZ.

Need I say more?
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: 9/11 Anniversary

Post by Earthpig »

usaftacp wrote:As now the 3rd Anniversary of the Attack on our Nation rounds, I take this moment of silence to reflect .......
Good thoughts, good words, Brother.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

It hurts more with each passing year. I look at the first year, and remember how young I used to be. I am older now and wiser, but that was only 3 years ago.

Now I look at people my own age just getting out of college. Why is it I feel 80 and they look/act 18?

Return to “The Mosh Pit”