Intro - DougS

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

DougS90
Future Soldier / Opt40

Intro - DougS

Post by DougS90 »

Hello, my name is Doug. I'm currently a college student and part time gas station attendant. I just today DEPed into the Army under an 11x Option 40 contract. This has been the first step in fulfilling a long journey that I started a few years ago.

When I began college after high school, I knew that I would much rather be serving in the military, as it had always been a childhood dream of mine, but I was in horrible physical shape. I was over a hundred pounds overweight and had no athletic background to speak of. I decided then and there, over 2 and half years ago that I would not let this become my fate for the rest of my life. A year later, and I had lost the weight, going from 285 to 185, and to this day I exercise often (it's definitely an enjoyable hobby for me).

My current APFT scores are:
75 pushups
84 situps
13:58 2-mile

The running is my greatest area of struggle/weakness. In addition to the 2-mile run, I largely focus on keeping my 5 mile times low, but I'm always around 38-39 minutes (on rolling roads) which is too close to the minimum for me.

But where I've come from compares nothing to what I've got ahead of me. I have the challenge of a lifetime in front of me, and I hope to improve everything about myself in preparation for it. There's no resting on my laurels, ever, because there's always a new level to push yourself towards.

I hope that this website along with the valuable Ranger (and other military) users here can provide me with some tools to aid me in that self improvement.

Thank you for reading my intro,
-DougS
11X Option 40 Shipdate 20120206
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - DougS

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome DougS90.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69