Lindy Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

lindy
Embryo

Lindy Intro

Post by lindy »

I enlisted into the Navy back in '89 as a CTI (Navy version of a 35P) and did that on AD for 12 years. I picked up a Federal job right after 9/11 so I went into the Reserves for two years. I volunteered to serve in Iraq as a civilian and worked with guys (SOT-As) from 5/19th SFG(A) as well as various elements from all the BNs from the 75th. I enlisted as a 35P4 in 20th SFG(A) as soon as I returned CONUS. I should have done it years ago.

I am currently scheduled for pre-Ranger and Ranger school in October. I am here to learn as much as I can because I'm pretty weak at fieldcraft.
BoxOGridsquares
Paratrooper

Re: Lindy Intro

Post by BoxOGridsquares »

Welcome. Maybe I'm still a cherry but that's a pretty wide field of work.

How did you go from Navy, straight to a SFC in the Army?
11b2p
A/co 2-505 82nd 08-10
OIF 08-09 Sadr City, Baghdad
18th ABC PSD 10-12
OND 11-12
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
lindy
Embryo

Post by lindy »

BoxOGridsquares wrote:Welcome. Maybe I'm still a cherry but that's a pretty wide field of work.

How did you go from Navy, straight to a SFC in the Army?
I actually requested an admin reduction in rank to become a TL. My unit had a open slot for a SOT-A TL and the state approved it based on my background. I had enough time sitting on the FOB and just want to do my part to help our guys come back. The wall at Ft. Meade has more SOT-As than another other job for linguists.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Interesting line of work. Welcome to the site.
Fieldcraft is primarily common sense associated with a little experience. You'll have a lot of classmates in the same situation as yourself, especially if your class is a summer course full of academy cadets or newly commisioned lieutentants.
Learn your oporders and the Ranger HB & assuming good physical conditioning, you'll do fine.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welsome Young Warrior. Thank you for your past and continuing service to our country. I admire your attitude and wish you well & good health. Your future is what you determine.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Welcome Lindy, didn't see your intro until just now!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”