jabatam- Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jabatam
US Army Veteran

jabatam- Introduction

Post by jabatam »

I'm just introducing myself,

-I am a 12 year Army veteran (1997-2009)
-MOS at time of ETS...11B3P
-1 OIF tour and, although it sucked, the reason I did not have more is something I am still bitter about
-For the last 2 years I've been tearing through my GI Bill. I have a part time job here in Indianapolis at the regional VA office working for the Education Liason Representative. If any of you have questions about education benefits, ask away. If I don't know the answer, which is very possible, I guarantee my boss does or knows where to find it
-Served in...
-A & B Co 1-16 IN - Fort Riley, Kansas
-A co 2-5 Cav - Fort Hood, Texas
-A co 1-9 IN - Camp Hovey, Korea
-HHC & C co 2-29 IN - Fort Benning, Georgia
-1-2-1 NPTT - Baghdad, Iraq
-HHC 1-507th PIR - Fort Benning, GA

This feels like a resume. Maybe it is in a way. Anyways, I have much respect for you guys and I loved learning things from many of you when I went to PLDC and BNCOC. That being said, I'm not really looking to meet anyone or make friends although I'm not against it. I realized recently that I don't have any way to expose people posing as Rangers and someone on another forum suggested you guys. I can spot fake SF guys pretty easily, but Rangers are a bit harder...maybe that's because I never was one. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this.

J. S.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter - Ernest Hemingway
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: jabatam- Introduction

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here jabatam & thank you for your service to our country.

I took the liberty to split your post to its own topic. Makes it easier to know who we are speaking with.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
jabatam
US Army Veteran

Post by jabatam »

Thanks...I realized after I posted it that people post new threads when introducing themselves. It was a "DOH!" moment. I figured, as much as you guys monitor, patrol and control what goes on here that it would probably be moved to its own thread
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter - Ernest Hemingway
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Where you were, not many would bother to look there for your particular post - it might have gotten lost - so to speak.

What matters is you are now in the clear - visible to the whole world wide web.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
jabatam
US Army Veteran

Post by jabatam »

What does the "Egg" mean under my name? Do you require me to submit documents for veteran status verification anywhere?
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome Grunt.
Nothing wrong with being straight infantry. Puts you above virtually the entire American population.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Mingo Kane
Ranger

Post by Mingo Kane »

A man who served is a man respected in my book...Welcome.
B Co. 1st/75th 1983-86
Mentor to JTEL1
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Jabatam.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
jabatam
US Army Veteran

Post by jabatam »

Thanks for the welcome guys...I appreciate it! I know there isn't anything wrong with being a grunt. Some of the best guys I've ever met are/were 11B's. To me it's a point of pride! I know that, even though I didn't accomplish all of my military goals, I did reach most of them. However, Ranger School was one of the few that slipped my grasp. I have a lot of respect for those that earned the scroll or the tab though. In fact, one of my proudest moments as a leader was when I attended the Ranger School graduation of one of my former soldiers who had put together, and still contues to as far as I know, an impressive military career after we parted ways. It reinforced my belief that I had done a few things right as an NCO.

Would someone point me to the rules regarding non-Ranger veterans? I found quite a bit for future soldiers, civilians, parents, etc., but I couldn't find much on guidelines for veterans such as me (other than the obvious such as courtesy and respect which I give to anyone until they prove to me they don't deserve it). Is there anything in particular, besides what I have already stated, that I should be aware of? Also, if I read correctly, being a veteran I can choose my own AV...is this accurate?

Would someone please tell me what the "egg" and "embryo" ranks mean? I saw a few ranks on the members page that showed ranks of "Army Veteran" or something similar...how can I change mine to reflect my status?

I know this is a lot for one post, but this is my last question. Who would I talk to to verify someone's claim to be a Ranger School graduate?
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country! Means you are a new guy!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

The Egg & Embryo rankings are automatic, created by the forum software.

Someone with admin capabilities will be along shortly to set you up with something more appropriate.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
jabatam
US Army Veteran

Post by jabatam »

Ok thanks RangerRon, RangerX, and GTP for the welcome
jabatam
US Army Veteran

Post by jabatam »

Looks like I'm all set up. Thanks again for the welcome and the help and I'll see you around the forums

Return to “Introduction Archive”