U.S. Envoy Rebukes Karzai

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

U.S. Envoy Rebukes Karzai

Post by C-MAC »

KABUL—America's departing ambassador to Afghanistan delivered Sunday an uncharacteristically public rebuke to President Hamid Karzai: Stop comparing us to occupiers or the American public could turn its back on the war.

Ambassador Karl Eikenberry, who is wrapping up a two-year stint in Kabul, issued his sharp retort one day after Mr. Karzai again belittled the U.S.-led coalition as unwelcome outsiders who invaded Afghanistan for their own interests and who pollute the country's environment.
READ MORE

I am really getting a little tired of Karzai. He stinks like one of those Japanese Poop-burgers.

I will take Eikenberry's word on this. He held his fire the entire stint in A-stan. As a Ranger with two tours and time in the OMC-A, Eikenberry has enormous credibility IMHO.

Just a quick update on this part of the quote "who pollute the country's environment." Interesting side article, here is the relevant quote;
Recent studies show that some 3,000 people die every year in Afghanistan from air pollution — more than the 2,777 civilians killed in the war in 2010. Nearly half a million suffer from respiratory disease. The sources of air pollution are mainly old cars, dirty fuels, diesel generators, and the burning of trash — all of which could be eliminated using green technologies that would simultaneously boost the local economy.
We are polluting the environment? Right
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Re: U.S. Envoy Rebukes Karzai

Post by CloakAndDagger »

C-MAC wrote:
Recent studies show that some 3,000 people die every year in Afghanistan from air pollution — more than the 2,777 civilians killed in the war in 2010. Nearly half a million suffer from respiratory disease. The sources of air pollution are mainly [dust from lack of vegetation — some] of which could be eliminated [if it ever rained on a semi-regular basis, which] would simultaneously boost the local economy.
Fixed your quote! :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, I was coughing up moondust for about the first three months after completing my tour over there.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I blame all that shit we burned while we were there
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Never been there. But bought a lightly used bag from a guy that was deployed.

Until now, I never knew why it created a dust cloud when I tossed it in the closet. I was thinking- "cripes, he said A-stan not Iraq". Who knew?

I thought it was on top of his car driving down 40 from San Bernadino to Flagstaff or something.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver

Return to “The News Dump”