Failed my colorvision test, blown chances to be Ranger?

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

JohnKerrySucks
Embryo

Failed my colorvision test, blown chances to be Ranger?

Post by JohnKerrySucks »

Hi my name is Paul and I am shipping out Sept. 15th, to Ft. Benning. When I went to MEPs I failed my color vision test so I was not able to get an airborn/ranger contract. I can see color fine so I was retested by a civilian and I passed the color vision test. My MOS is 31c and I was wondering if there is any way to get around this and go on to airborn and RIP, after my AIT? If this isn't possible it's not going to change my opinion about enlisting, I'm just proud to have my chance at becoming a soldier, but while Im in I want to make the most of it and do my best at everything. Everytime I ask my recruiter about this he seems to give me a different answer, I have looked on your website and others and I can't seem to find the answer.
I really appreciate any help and advice you can give me. Thankyou for taking the time to read this, and if you have already answered a similiar question then I apologize for wasting your time. Also if anybody has experience as a 31c than I would appreciate your input.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

I don't think the ranger regiment even accepts 31c... Could be wrong though.
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

ImportsRsloths wrote:I don't think the ranger regiment even accepts 31c... Could be wrong though.
There are 31Cs in the regiment, at least there used to be, I had several good friends who were 31Cs and 31Us. I doubt they have phased out RTOs but I left in 2000 so i am not current on the MTOE.

Sorry but I have no answer for the color test.
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

I'm not sure about the pip test, but as far as MOS's, check this link...

http://www.armyranger.com/mod.php?mod=u ... page_id=13

Hope it helps.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
JohnKerrySucks
Embryo

thanks

Post by JohnKerrySucks »

Thanks for the information I did check out that link US Army Veteran the_machine, and 31c is accepted. If anyone out there is a 31c I would appreciate any advice you can give me. Once again thanks for taking the time to read this.
Bell

Post by Bell »

You need to get with your recruiter and appeal that vision test. Don't just take their answer. You have proof that you can see color, now present it to them and appeal that decision.

RLTW
Bell
JohnKerrySucks
Embryo

color vision test

Post by JohnKerrySucks »

I showed my recruiter the results from the other vision test and he said ok I'll take care of it. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see, I'm determined to make it to the Regiment though, so the way I see it, this just means that I will have to work harder than everybody else and prove myself since I don't have Airborn/Ranger in my contract. Thanks for the advice Ranger Bell.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Welcome. You signed already without a Opt40?
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

I hope it works out for you, keep us posted.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
JohnKerrySucks
Embryo

vision

Post by JohnKerrySucks »

Ya I signed without an option 40, I leave this Wensday for Ft. Benning. So I'll try and keep you posted, thanks for the help.
JohnKerrySucks
Embryo

vision

Post by JohnKerrySucks »

Ya I signed without an option 40, I leave this Wensday for Ft. Benning. So I'll try and keep you posted, thanks for the help.
JohnKerrySucks
Embryo

vision

Post by JohnKerrySucks »

Sorry I didn't mean to make two posts about the same thing, I hit the buttion twice.

Return to “Introduction Archive”