Introduction: Zach

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Re: Introduction: Zach

Post by nightcrawler »

......welcome to the board Zach......Good luck in your endeavors!!
It will be tough and from the looks of your intro you will need all the luck you can get!!
Once again welcome.

nightcrawler
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
jester
Ranger

Post by jester »

My opinion is that if you say you can max the test but then the test comes and you dont max it, then maybe you just cant max it. Keep working hard but maybe a rest would do you some good, everyone is different you gotta know yourself and know when you need a rest or when to work harder. Also if you cant do great on the PT Test the recruiters are giving you there only gonna get harder as you go on especially when you get to RASP they will fail you if you are not perfect in every rep.
2/75 Cco 2-3 Outlaws 2005-2009
RGR Class 07-07
Stay alert stay alive
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Zach2011

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Zach2011 wrote:
Thank you for the luck Nightcrawler, I don't know if I said something wrong in my into? Or just because I'm 17?
Grow a thicker skin Zach2011. He was wishing you good luck.

I've sent you a PM Zach2011.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Zach2011 wrote:Yes Ranger Jester you are probably right because when I do take those APFTs I'm not going to get a ton of rest like you said. Speaking of Recruiters, I have told my Recruiter to grade me on a harder standard, whether he is doing it or not I'm not sure.
Welcome Zach. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far you are doing well enough. Please post the results of your most recent PT score here on this thread not later than Midnight Sunday, 15 May 2011. Nevern never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
mjk175
Ranger

Post by mjk175 »

Zach2011 wrote:Yes Ranger Jester you are probably right because when I do take those APFTs I'm not going to get a ton of rest like you said. Speaking of Recruiters, I have told my Recruiter to grade me on a harder standard, whether he is doing it or not I'm not sure.

Thank you for the luck Nightcrawler, I don't know if I said something wrong in my into? Or just because I'm 17?

There's one standard. That's why it's called the standard. You are absolutely correct, when you take the APFT upon arrival to pre-RASP, as well as in phase 1 & 2, you will not be given any "rest". Work harder, get yourself out of your comfort zone. Train for more than the test requires. Vary your runs during the week, do a long slow run (not too slow, five mile standard pace, 40 minutes or less), do a day of sprints (sprint the straightaways at a quarter mile track, jog the curves, x8 to begin, work up to 12x) and do a fartlek run. Make sure you're doing pull- ups as well, you'll have to execute six from a dead hang. When you do push- ups, keep your entire body in a generally straight line, keep your head up looking about three feet in front of you. This will help you go down further. The standard is your upper arm parallel with the ground. During your sit-ups, keep your fingers interlocked and ensure that the base of your neck comes further than the base of your spine. Don't waste energy lowering yourself to the ground, this will burn your abs fast. "throw" your upper body back down, touch the base of your shoulder blades and using your elbows to your advantage snap yourself back up. All in all, train in the way you want to perform on the test.

Most importantly, don't be a bitch. Your test will be terminated.
RSTC, RSTB, 75th Ranger Regiment 2010- present
RASP class 08-10
jester
Ranger

Post by jester »

Not to bad, you are still in high school. The reason i say The PT Test is harder in Rasp is because they make you actually go the 90 degrees on your push ups, at the recruiter station some of them dont even care as long as it looks like a push up or sit up so some people think they are studs doing 100 shity push ups. keep working hard but thats pretty good for being a snot nose high schooler GOOD JOB!
2/75 Cco 2-3 Outlaws 2005-2009
RGR Class 07-07
Stay alert stay alive

Return to “Introduction Archive”