Another Ranger Poser (I think)

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Raven_XXXX
USAF

Another Ranger Poser (I think)

Post by Raven_XXXX »

First, I almost never post here yet I peruse the site on a nearly daily basis and want to thank all you Rangers and other members for your daily contributions.

With that beign said, the situation is as follows. I am taking a couple classes at the local university here. A guy in one of my classes and I started talking the other day and he was telling me how he just ETS'd from Active Duty Army (he claims he was infantry)about 6 months ago. We then started trading stories about our military experiences, places we had been and schools we had attended. When we started talking about schools he told me that after he completed OSUT he went strait to jump school (very believable had he been assigned to an Airborne unit) and then strait to Ranger School. Once he said that my bullshit sensor really started pinging. It is my understanding that one cannot go strait through the pipeline into Ranger School. Is this accurate? I thought that you had to prove yourself to your respective chain of command before you have the opportunity to attend Ranger School. I know that this is the way is works in the Air Force but I am not entirely sure about Army policies. Anyway, I asked him what Ranger Class he was in and he had a tough time answering me. I know that I could tell you the time and class number of nearly every school I have attended and I found it quite peculiar that he wasnt sure of his class number. When I pressed him a little further, he told me that he was in either class 00-12 or 00-15. It is my understanding (and by my own admission I could be completely wrong) that Ranger class numbers dont go that high.

I was hoping that either someone could validate this guy for me or affirm my suspicions so I can call him out and tell him what an enourmous, stinky, sticky peice of shit he is for trying to pass himself off as a Ranger when in fact (as I believe) he was nothing but another bitch-ass wannabe who couldnt get his shit together enough to attend a high speed course such as Ranger School but feels better about himself when he tells others that he was this or that.

I can PM this guys name to anybody who needs it for validation. Thanks for the help RANGERS.

DRIVE ON!
USAF Security Forces Troop, now Phoenix Raven, Wannabe high speed-low drag squared away MUTHAFUCKA
-------------------------------------------------------
USAF SF School March '02-May '02 (team 1, top performer)
Phoenix Raven Class 03-RD
SERE School
OEF, OIF Vet
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

after he completed OSUT he went strait to jump school (very believable had he been assigned to an Airborne unit) and then strait to Ranger School.
Nope, you don't go straight to Ranger School after Airborne.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Throw the flag on him....
first, men DO NOT FORGET their Ranger class
and as it was pointed out, he got them backwards.

Last, at one time, I think it was in the early 70's....there was that option to go straight through....it doesnt exist anymore than I am aware of...but the dude, he's a poser.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Raven_XXXX
USAF

Post by Raven_XXXX »

Just as I fucking expected...this clown really pisses me off. Granted, I am not a Ranger myself, however, having worked with Army personnel from time to time (mostly SF guys who were tabbed) I have the utmost respect for all Rangers and it really pisses me off that this guy thinks I am dumb enough to not see through him. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think what I will do is when we have class next, I will again ask him (just under the guise that I am very interested, not that I am suspicious) to tell me about Ranger school. During this conversation I will again ask him what class he was in. If he tries to tell me again some class numbers that didn't exist, I will CLEARLY point out to him that there were no such classes in 2000. When he tries to pull some bullshit about the class number thing, I will pull out each class picture from 2000 and ask him to point himself out as Ranger Sobersides has suggested. :twisted:

I imagine he will give me some bullshit excuse as to why he wasn't there for the picture, but I will make it absolutely abundently clear that I KNOW he is a lying sack of shit and that I am the last person he will EVER try to pass himself off to as something he is not. :twisted: :twisted:

I wont be seeing this clown until next week but I will keep you all posted with an AAR once I call this bitch on his bluff.

Thanks for the help Rangers.

DRIVE ON!
USAF Security Forces Troop, now Phoenix Raven, Wannabe high speed-low drag squared away MUTHAFUCKA
-------------------------------------------------------
USAF SF School March '02-May '02 (team 1, top performer)
Phoenix Raven Class 03-RD
SERE School
OEF, OIF Vet
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Poser bustin is kinda fun, aint it?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Or better yet!

Just invite him to come to the site to hang with his Ranger Brethren! :twisted:
RSD 96-99
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

V-Rod wrote:Or better yet!

Ranger V-rod..that is fucking evil!!!...:)
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

from info given I would say poser, but Army does make fuck ups, 92 or 93 they got a rippie in that went osut, bac, then ranger school and on to rip.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Horned Toad wrote:from info given I would say poser, but Army does make fuck ups, 92 or 93 they got a rippie in that went osut, bac, then ranger school and on to rip.

The ARMY....makes MISTAKES????Oh God, say its not so!!!! :cry:
RS Class # 7-76

DocDaigle

Post by DocDaigle »

V-Rod wrote:Or better yet!

Oh my God, Wyoming came up with a good idea :idea: Just fuckin with ya oh mighty trimmed one :lol:

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”