What comes before Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
rgunn1
Egg

What comes before Ranger School

Post by rgunn1 »

Not sure if this thread fits here, so move at your discretion. I read something somewhere (I believe the Ft. Benning website) that said you have about 6-12 months between RIP and Ranger School. What do you do in that time? Are you at Ft. Benning? Is deployment possible?

Thanks
R
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Use the search button.

Helloooooooooo? DEPs? Where the fuck are you at??
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Look before you leap and all that.......... :roll:
RSD 96-99
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

Smoke and lots of it :twisted:

Sounds like it will be even more of it for you.
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
rgunn1
Egg

Post by rgunn1 »

Ranger FO wrote:No, you spend 6-12 months doing nothing but preparing for Ranger School in Juneau, Alaska.
Damn... that's what I've been doing for the past 6-12 months. Hey what happens when ya'll answer every question? Then every post will be "use search." :roll:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

You are sent to a foreign country on assignment. If you return........just kidding, use the search button, ya just got here. Whattdaya want the red carpet treatment?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

rgunn1 wrote:
Ranger FO wrote:No, you spend 6-12 months doing nothing but preparing for Ranger School in Juneau, Alaska.
Damn... that's what I've been doing for the past 6-12 months. Hey what happens when ya'll answer every question? Then every post will be "use search." :roll:
Here is some excellent advice - spend the next two days READING on this site, instead of writing. It's sort of obvious that you just arrived and if you want to stay, you're advised to read read read and learn more not only about Rangers, but also about how we conduct business on this site.

Military.com this is NOT.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Spartan wrote:
rgunn1 wrote:
Here is some excellent advice - spend the next two days READING on this site, instead of writing. It's sort of obvious that you just arrived and if you want to stay, you're advised to read read read and learn more not only about Rangers, but also about how we conduct business on this site.

Military.com this is NOT.

But, but, but........my friend Korey Ferguson said I should come on here and just be myself :?
RSD 96-99
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

rgunn1 wrote:
Be smart and lay low until one of the DEPs here gets off their asses and squares you away with info that will make your stay here much more pleasurable. In the meantime, read the forum rules, etc.

Answers to original questions will be forthcoming in short order. Answers to questions that have been answered many times over will be "use the fucking search button", and that's about as friendly as it gets.

You will find that the answers to most all of your questions can be found on this site using the search button. Go there first before asking redundant questions and getting your ass fragged.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
rgunn1
Egg

Post by rgunn1 »

It's a short simple question with a short simple answer I'm sure. To make everyone happy, I searched on the following terms "RIP Ranger School Between" and came up with helpful information, but it still wasn't the info I was looking for. I swear, I bet some of you put more time and effort into trying to "flame" me for my question than it would have taken for an honest answer...
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

rgunn1 wrote:It's a short simple question with a short simple answer I'm sure. To make everyone happy, I searched on the following terms "RIP Ranger School Between" and came up with helpful information, but it still wasn't the info I was looking for. I swear, I bet some of you put more time and effort into trying to "flame" me for my question than it would have taken for an honest answer...

Not the way to start out, youngster.

Step back, reevaluate, or get ready to say "Bye, Bye".

This is the nice, pleasant, welcoming side of us yer seein right now.

You have been warned. Heed it.
RSD 96-99
NoahH
Ranger

Post by NoahH »

PM INBOUND
Last edited by NoahH on August 31st, 2004, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Kid, this is NOT a touchy-feely site. It is MOST DEFINATELY NOT a site designed to give you the answers to all of your ignorant-ass questions. This site IS for Rangers, past and present, to hang out and shoot the shit. All others are guests, and will be treated according to how they behave here. So far, you have been more than a little disrespectful; don't come into OUR home telling US how we should act or what we should do.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Eh bro...If I was you I would search some more I know for a FACT I have read that very question here before...and I know the answer!! PM inbound!

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”