Tsunami/Earthquake in Japan

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Tsunami/Earthquake in Japan

Post by RANGER513 »

Find higher ground and don't turn your back to the ocean, Brother.

However, a tsunami throwing around cars, buses, trains and people in Japan ain't got jack-shit on Godzilla !!! :shock:

Godzilla uses tsunami's for mouth wash !

8)
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Well, Japan got hit pretty hard with a tsunami, so watch the water Brother !

Its not good, but I always shake my head whenever I see people on news complaining and whining about floods and thier homes being destroyed when they live 17 feet away from a river or ocean. :shock:

Obviously someone put a gun to these poor people's head and MADE THEM live there....... :roll:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

High ground now....

If it's still strong it should be hitting soon.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

XCrunner wrote:I'm in an oceanside hotel in Maui right now enjoying the last bit of leave and the sirens are starting to blare! Might be time to find some higher ground...
So how did it go?
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

A guy I work with lives near Half Moon Bay in the SFO area. A couple pics he sent out.

http://twitpic.com/48hk7d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://twitpic.com/48hv1z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amazing how this stuff happens 1/2 way around the world.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I got a message from my brother who was walking a beach south of Tokyo when all these sirens started going off. Some dude runs up jabbering some thing and after a few minutes my brother figures out the guy is telling to get the fuck off the beach or you will die! :lol:

He is fine and texting me from a bar!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

My home is open to any young, good looking Japanese women who may have been displaced by the disaster. :)
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

XCrunner wrote:Beach got swamped, some flooding in areas (have't seen it myself), but there really wasn't much to see at all last night.
McD wrote:I got a message from my brother who was walking a beach south of Tokyo when all these sirens started going off. Some dude runs up jabbering some thing and after a few minutes my brother figures out the guy is telling to get the fuck off the beach or you will die! :lol:

He is fine and texting me from a bar!
Good to hear.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I knew it

HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “The News Dump”