Obtaining a secret clearance

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Cdoc93
Embryo

Obtaining a secret clearance

Post by Cdoc93 »

Hello Rangers,
I just had a few questions about what goes on when I'm trying to obtain my secret clearance.
Do they begin the checks the processing week before basics, or while i'm in basics? Also what all do they do during a secret clearance, checking wise?

I know they have a questionnaire and one of the questions asks about drugs. I did tried marijuana just a couple time when I younger, will that bar me from clearance?

Also just one more thing, I used to work at pizza hut I worked there for over a year and I know ill have to list past employers, however all of the old managers I used to work with dont work there anymore, so if they call no one there will know me lol is that a big deal?

I searched the forums, but no questions were really directed toward what goes on during the search.
Thanks for any help Rangers.
"It's not over till it's over."
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
Ship date: 20110531
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Obtaining a secret clearance

Post by RangerX »

Cdoc93 wrote:Hello Rangers,
I just had a few questions about what goes on when I'm trying to obtain my secret clearance.
Do they begin the checks the processing week before basics, or while i'm in basics? Also what all do they do during a secret clearance, checking wise?

I know they have a questionnaire and one of the questions asks about drugs. I did tried marijuana just a couple time when I younger, will that bar me from clearance?

Also just one more thing, I used to work at pizza hut I worked there for over a year and I know ill have to list past employers, however all of the old managers I used to work with dont work there anymore, so if they call no one there will know me lol is that a big deal?

I searched the forums, but no questions were really directed toward what goes on during the search.
Thanks for any help Rangers.
Sorry, you're not clear to know that......
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

As long as you were honest about the marijuana use when the security interviewer asks (and on your paperwork), and don't use it now or anytime recently, and don't intend to use it again, it's generally a non-issue, although it can slow down the process a little.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Marijuana !!! :shock:

You might, maybe, if your lucky, get a secret decoder ring that has...........wait.......I can't talk about that. Sorry.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

"You smell that Rabbit?"

"Fear"
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Cdoc93
Embryo

Post by Cdoc93 »

Thanks Rangers.
"It's not over till it's over."
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
Ship date: 20110531

Return to “The Mosh Pit”