A few years back

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

A few years back

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

I was reading a thread on RASP and noticed this question.
PFC.One3Fister wrote:Hello Rangers,

Lastly, I have a pair of hair clippers- will I be able to keep them and cut my own hair during RASP1 or do I have to get it cut at the Ft. Benning price of $8 a week.
Thank you.
I can remember $0.75 military haircuts but then again I only cleared $67.00 a month back then, and no they didn't pay me in Continental Scripts.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
McD
Ranger

Re: A few years back

Post by McD »

Maybe not script... but you could still trade beads and pretty cloth though. :D
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

........or a slightly used Chain-mail armor helmet and decent Battle Axe for trade would get ya a haircut during that time era. :shock:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Alas, it was money that lead me down the path to purdition. We had just been paid our $67.00 a couple of days before and we were setting in yet another oreintation when this dude on the stage says we can get another $55.00 a month just for jumping out of an airplane......fuckin' aye, sign ME up! :cry:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

RANGER513 wrote:........or a slightly used Chain-mail armor helmet and decent Battle Axe for trade would get ya a haircut during that time era. :shock:
Chicom and NVA helmets weapons and equipment were primary items of trade. Chicom pistols were given to Gunship pilots and Medevac crews; always nice to have them remember you. AKs, SKS, M-1 Carbines RPGs and just about anything else we could get into our grubby mitts and not have to turn in were the things that made life a little more bearable. We would send them back to our Company XO and Supply Sgt, they would make a trip to Long Bhin and Saigon and made trades. New Fatigues, socks, boots and anything else that looked like we could use it. In Saigon they would then hit the black market to get Air Force Strobe Lights that we weren't authorized; that usually cost us our extra SP Packs (Supplemental Pack for ration included everything from 10 cartons of cigarettes, personal Hygiene, writing paper and other assorted items). Then they would look for extras that might be of use.

It was always fun to see what they could get for us, kinda like an extra Christmas.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”