Do records follow with Blue to Green program

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
tdc184705
US Navy

Do records follow with Blue to Green program

Post by tdc184705 »

Hey Rangers,

I am currently in the Navy about to go blue to green. I have questions that my recruiter cant/wont answer. My recruiter said that he cant help me until I come within 6 months of getting out of the Navy, so I need help with getting some answers. I would like to know when I go back to MEPS will my naval service record and medical/dental and MEPS records follow me? I ask because I have had a knee surgery and a hernia surgery and a dental surgery on record and want to know how that will affect me trying to become a Ranger. Im all patched up and am confident that my knee and everything else is ready to go but I dont know how the Army will look at it. Also at MEPS I told them that i have experimented when I was younger and the Navy limited me to a certian amount of jobs that I was eligible for when I signed, but I was still given a secret clearance with what I do. Obivously, I would like my clearance to follow me but I dont know if the rest will hurt me. Last question, if I do have a MOS that fits the Army needs but want to be a Ranger, how will that work, will I be able to go outside my MOS? Thank you for your time and help I know all of you are very busy.

Thanks,
tdc184705
Airman, US Navy
Last edited by tdc184705 on February 18th, 2011, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Do records follow with Blue to Green program

Post by KW Driver »

your next post needs to be an intro in the proper section. we like to know who we're talking to, and it's the way we like to run our house. and please clean up your typing and grammar.

this'll get unlocked once you've complied.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Do records follow with Blue to Green program

Post by Steadfast »

Intro posted.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4