Video of gun club death will be allowed in court

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Video of gun club death will be allowed in court

Post by panthersix »

How do you punish someone that's already lost his son? I can think of no worse punishment than having to live with the fact that you caused your own son's death.

The Chief exposed himself to the liability by being to slack on the range. There's a fucking reason they call it "Big Boy" rules on ranges without formal range controls in place.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

TC204 wrote:I've talked to people that were there. Very tragic indeed, but everyone agrees it was no ones fault but the fathers. The boy didn't follow instructions either so that tells me he was too young to be doing what he was doing. I hear you about the father but I don't think someone elses life should be ruined over this. They and other local clubs have been doing this for years with no incidents.
I've worked as a Range Officer/Safety and positive control of the situation is a must. I'm not cop bashing or rushing to judge this individual. All I'm trying to say is that I never, ever trusted anyone that I didn't personally know or that was't under the supervision of a Range Safety to do the right thing on the firing line. Shit happens so fast on a firing range it's not funny.

OK, the time the little asian woman in our unit was firing an M60 for familiarization and the gun pushed her back down the berm and she was shooting a stream of 7.62 into the air....or the time that hawg decided to run across a range at Ft. Stewart and it turned into a weapons free zone...or the time the LRS wannabe NG soldier got hot brass down his shirt and pulled a "Heartbreak Ridge" not keeping is M16 down range boner.....shit happens fast....that's all I'm saying.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I wasn't there and I sure as hell haven't seen the video, nor will I, but I see no reason for an 8 year old to be shooting anything fully auto. You stated that the 8 year old didn't follow instuctions, I say no shit Shirlock, that is what 8 year olds do. A child was holding a weapon that he has no idea of how powerful and dagerous it could be. Which is why the range safty officer should have never ever allowed someone so young to be near let alone shooting a fully auto Uzi. The RSO is supposed to be in charge of all safety issues on the range, fair or not, he was negligent. Should he be in prison? I don't personally don't think so.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

In today's society, whoever has the most money is who is at fault. People who have no honor always file lawsuits against someone or some business who has money, regardless if they are really at fault or not. Lowlifes know that ya can't get cash out of another lowlife, so they search for someone or some business even remotely involved who has cash and go after 'em.

I guy in my A.O. recently hit a deer while driving on a county road at 0'dark thirty and he has filed a lawsuit against the county due to the " trauma " of killing little Bambi and the county should have better protected the road. :shock:

There are always three lowlife attorneys hanging around to file lawsuits like this......with another 5 or 6 lowlife attorneys waiting thier turn behind 'em ! :evil:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "

Return to “The News Dump”