Marine Assualted By Teens Outside of Movie Theater

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
31bSoldier
US Army

Re: Marine Assualted By Teens Outside of Movie Theater

Post by 31bSoldier »

I caught that Ranger Flesh Thorn, but it didnt click. Personally...why try to "scare off" anyone with a gun? If you are going to pull it...it shouldnt be to "scare off" people...it should be to shoot said people.

But I agree...had he gotten the gun and waved it around, some punk would have ended up shooting him with it..
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

....and there is more to this story:

The recent attack on a Marine and his wife outside a Florida movie theater is the latest indignity suffered by a family still reeling over the accidental death this year of a brother at a U.S. naval hospital.

Federico Freire, a 28-year-old Marine, and his wife, Kalyn, were attacked Saturday by a mob of unruly teenagers after the couple asked the group to be quiet during a movie at a Bradenton, Fla., cinema, as FoxNews.com reported Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/30/fa ... z19ha5t1xg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
31bSoldier
US Army

Post by 31bSoldier »

wow...that is horrible.

Rip Marine.

My prayers go out to the family.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I don't care if there are 20 of those fuckers you hit my wife and I am going to get my hands on one of those shits and that fucker is going to die. I am going to gouge someones eyes out with my thumbs.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
31bSoldier
US Army

Post by 31bSoldier »

Baseplate wrote:I don't care if there are 20 of those fuckers you hit my wife and I am going to get my hands on one of those shits and that fucker is going to die. I am going to gouge someones eyes out with my thumbs.
My name is 31bSoldier and I approve this Message! :evil: :evil: :twisted:
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Sounds like the "Little Fockers" were the ones assaulting this Marine and his wife. Their parents must be so proud. I give it a few days before they are on TV/in court saying what "good kids they are" and how this is "not like them".

Yeah, I blame them (their parents). You should know WTF your kids are doing and are responsible for their character at that age.

Next time, they might not be so lucky. Like some of the others in this thread, there are plenty of us that are a little better prepared for a gang assault and willing to take a few of them down until the rest run or I am not breathing. :evil: Oh yeah, but then we would be the bad guys and they the victims- being they were all "A" students, athletes and such.

Man this generation running our country has everything turned upside down. I say make them work in the city morgue for a few weeks. Better yet, how about we ship them overseas and make them human IED detectors?

Sorry for the rant, reading this put me in a foul mood.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Rant on MAC you are absolutely right! I say we drop 'em on a island as targets for a "BN Live Fire" :twisted:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

colt1rgr wrote:Rant on MAC you are absolutely right! I say we drop 'em on a island as targets for a "BN Live Fire" :twisted:
Agreed. I read something a few weeks ago about 3bat trying out some fancy new DMPRC range down at Benning. Maybe they could use another element of realism?

Betcha' that would be better than any of those other "scared straight" criminal rehab programs.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
31bSoldier
US Army

Post by 31bSoldier »

I highly doubt that C-MAC....I think the "scared straight" criminal rehab programs have a better survivability rate than those worthless punks and the wrong end of some Ranger's rifles.....

There wouldnt be anyone left to be scared straight...lol
Jgang
US Army Veteran

Post by Jgang »

This is no surprise no matter where you are in our country. You wonder if these kids even have parents. If they do, you can bet that none of them are prior service. Which leads me to this point. If the government that continues to try and regulate everything we do. They can start by mandating 8 weeks of basic for all males before they register on there 18th birthday. Preferably Benning. Maybe not a solution but a start. Here in Illinois there is a program for troubled teens called the Lincoln Challenge. I have heard good things about it and although it is not RA at Benning, The format teaches some basic discipline.
25th ID 1988-1989
Harmony Church 1987
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Jgang wrote:They can start by mandating 8 weeks of basic for all males before they register on there 18th birthday.
I am sure the US Army has better things to do than attempting to train hordes of 17 year old s who don't have a clue and don't want one. I am not saying that everyone shouldn't do something productive, but our military is not the place for dimwits and punks. I am all for forced labor camps and joy divisions. :D
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jgang
US Army Veteran

Post by Jgang »

When I went thru, the majority of us were punks and dimwits. Changed my life for sure. I am not against the labor camps for those who refuse to be changed Though!!! Good debate, too bad it came about over something like this.
25th ID 1988-1989
Harmony Church 1987
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

You know if 100 white teenagers assaulted a Black Marine, it would be headlines and a hate crime.

Hmmmm...

No mention of such in any articles
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

rgrokelley wrote:You know if 100 white teenagers assaulted a Black Marine, it would be headlines and a hate crime.

Hmmmm...

No mention of such in any articles
I was thinking the same thing. The whole situation pisses me off.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...

Return to “The News Dump”