Marine Assualted By Teens Outside of Movie Theater

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Marine Assualted By Teens Outside of Movie Theater

Post by IEDmagnet »

Baseplate wrote:I don't care if there are 20 of those fuckers you hit my wife and I am going to get my hands on one of those shits and that fucker is going to die. I am going to gouge someones eyes out with my thumbs.
This....awesome. :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

TC204 wrote:It's a tough call knowing when to shoot and when not to. If I saw a weapon yes, if I felt it was a situation that could result in death then yes. There are too many situations where victims are turned into the bad guy by the prosecutor and/or media, depending on where you live. If that Marine pulled a Glock and started shooting those kids he's in prison for life, no question. I don't think it's worth it. I'd use the pepper spray and take it from there. If this were Camden NJ or a bad section of Detroit my thoughts would be very different.
The unfortunate truth is these types of incidents are all too commonplace- and it does not have to be Camden. Look at this in Wisconsin;
http://www.wisn.com/r/26347040/detail.html

Unless kids start to see there are consequences for their actions, we will be like France and the UK in a few years; with kids rioting for more social handouts.

These despicable actions are the result of many years worth of liberal social policy including disincentives to work or become productive members of this society. Their politically correct coddling and attempt at "cradle to grave" government intervention is eating away at our society like a cancer and this is the result; a generation of malcontents that feel they are somehow entitled to do what they want and make unreasonable demands on society.

I am not suggesting we outright shoot them. Just fight back with equally measured (and if necessary) escalating force. Most of these punks have never had someone set and hold a boundary. Watch how quickly they comply when you take down the biggest instigator in the group, then later on treat the "mob" as adult defenders in court. Guarantee word gets around that actions have consequences.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

[quote="C-MAC"]
The unfortunate truth is these types of incidents are all too commonplace- and it does not have to be Camden. Look at this in Wisconsin;
http://www.wisn.com/r/26347040/detail.htmlquote]

Unfortunately this incident occurred in the neighborhood where HH6 and I lived until 2000. The mall involved is one of the highest end destination malls in an affluent suburb of Milwaukee right next to one of the most exclusive country clubs in the area. Until the late 1990's this was an exclusive enclave, then the city bus lines ran some "express" routes to the mall. With the addition of a large cinema complex and the minimal bus fare, this mall became the hangout of choice for inner city kids. When the poorest thugs from the core arrived by the busload and encountered the wealthy suburbanites and their spoiled kids, there were bound to be some disagreements. The inner city kids call it "wilding" and excuse it as "having a little fun".
I checked the local newspaper website article and today's comments. The site was so flooded by angry comments from both sides that the website began mass deletions of the comments before shutting down the comments completely. Predictable reactions - the critics of the inner city kids were labeled racist while the remainder excused the conduct as "a little fun".
This has ruined what was the classiest mall in the Milwaukee area.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:I was pretty stoked when the Bay Area Rapid Transit put in a direct line from Oakland. VERY surprised that many of the vehicles stolen from our area are recovered in Oakland.

Sure that somebody feels great about that decision, somebody that suffers from guilt................
I worked in transit ridership forecasting and the computer models don't take crime into consideration when generating projected ridership. Inputs typically include income levels and auto ownership rates (the lower the better)....which do, in fact, lead to high bus ridership...amongst other things, but cost per rider is something the Federal Transit Administration wants reported. So the more riders (scum or not) the better it looks for getting more federal funding.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Lefty wrote:
C-MAC wrote: The unfortunate truth is these types of incidents are all too commonplace- and it does not have to be Camden. Look at this in Wisconsin;
http://www.wisn.com/r/26347040/detail.htmlquote]

Unfortunately this incident occurred in the neighborhood where HH6 and I lived until 2000. The mall involved is one of the highest end destination malls in an affluent suburb of Milwaukee right next to one of the most exclusive country clubs in the area. Until the late 1990's this was an exclusive enclave, then the city bus lines ran some "express" routes to the mall. With the addition of a large cinema complex and the minimal bus fare, this mall became the hangout of choice for inner city kids. When the poorest thugs from the core arrived by the busload and encountered the wealthy suburbanites and their spoiled kids, there were bound to be some disagreements. The inner city kids call it "wilding" and excuse it as "having a little fun".
I checked the local newspaper website article and today's comments. The site was so flooded by angry comments from both sides that the website began mass deletions of the comments before shutting down the comments completely. Predictable reactions - the critics of the inner city kids were labeled racist while the remainder excused the conduct as "a little fun".
This has ruined what was the classiest mall in the Milwaukee area.

CAUTION:PREACHY STATEMENTS AHEAD

Unfortunately, your story can be repeated in many places across this country. In fact, we have the same issues with a local mall that is quickly starting to consume significant LE resources- one of the main concerns many of us had in opposing its construction.

The common thread IMHO is irresponsible parents combined with mall developers that put forth measly security measures due to the costs. I am curious how many parents whose kids are spending most of their free time at the mall go to check up on them. IDK- just randomly get up from the front of your HDTV or skip drinks with the neighbors and stop by just to see what is going on?

Trust is earned, not granted by parental decree or simply given as a privilege with some scary tag-line like "you better not get in trouble". Sure. That'll do it. Until you are bailing them out of county or God forbid something worse.

It's also not "cool" to give into to your own no limits Freudian juvenile inclinations. Kids want and need boundaries. Give it to them instead of $20 for the mall.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Blackjack
Egg

Post by Blackjack »

I had a somewhat similar situation at my school.Me and a buddy were coming back from lunch, and we saw a crowd gathered in the parking lot. Someone was in a fight so we went up to see what was going on, well once we got close enough to see we saw that my best friend and his girl friend were getting beat up by a group of about 10 kids. We instantly jumped in and tried to stop it. Well that didnt work so well and me and my friend ended up getting our asses kicked. but we hit a few of them pretty good :D and my best friend and his girlfriend got out while me and my friend were being killed.
It still surprises me that someone could watch a couple being beaten and just stand there and do nothing.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

The fear of death or GBH is generally the benchmark for use of deadly force. The problem is, it depends on what state you are in and how the legislation is written, as well as the leanings of the judge and jury you get that will determine the outcome.

In this situation, I would take the fine for discharging a firearm in a public place, which would cause much underwear stainage and crowd dispersal. If they didn't pop smoke after the warning shot, then I think I would be well within my rights to kneecap some of the little tardlings. At least in Georgia anyway.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The News Dump”