"We Can’t Just Leave it Up to The Parents"

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
adckse
Ranger

Re: "We Can’t Just Leave it Up to The Parents"

Post by adckse »

Ranger Slowpoke - None taken, You should see me when I've got some asshole who can't obey simple traffic laws :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ranger Lunch - I feel your pain, we have been subsidizing the citizens of the city I work for, for years by giving up raises, because of the economic downturn. Our moral is low and we are fucking pissed off. We provide a great service at a fraction of the cost. The city manager just recently cut 12 positions from our department and thankfully no one lost their job but it still blows. Oh well! Can't let it get to me.

EOM
Attack co 2/75 RGR REG
93'-96'
Ranger Class 5-95'
01010010 01100001 01101110 01100111 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01001100 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010111 01100001 01111001
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Here is the truth: It does not matter what they mandate and how health the food becomes. Kids are kids and all this will do is fill up the garbage cans faster.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Set the legal wrangling aside for a moment and look at the quote. That is where their mindset is. NOT what is included in the bill.

In poker, it would be called a "tell".
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Bushwack
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Bushwack »

Maybe a little off topic but......How about parents take the MF'n computer games away from thier kids for a while and send they're little butts outside to play? When was the last time you saw a group of kids playing pick up football, base ball, ice skating, tag, what ever? IMHO this type of activity will reduce the number of fat kids (what ever they eat) at zero cost to anyone.
SP6/SSG, B 5/6 ADA 76-79; 95th Svc Co 80-82; 523 Maint. Co. 82-84
Proud of him and those like him.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Bushwack wrote:.....When was the last time you saw a group of kids playing pick up football, base ball, ice skating, tag, what ever? .....
No shit quote from a kid when I was growing up in the age of Atari:

ME: Hey, wanna go play some baseball?

KID: Sure, I have the cartridge right here.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Bushwack wrote:Maybe a little off topic but......How about parents take the MF'n computer games away from thier kids for a while and send they're little butts outside to play? When was the last time you saw a group of kids playing pick up football, base ball, ice skating, tag, what ever? IMHO this type of activity will reduce the number of fat kids (what ever they eat) at zero cost to anyone.
I see it just about every day across the street from my house when it isn't snowing. The neighbors have 7 kids and they are playing nonstop.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Bushwack
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Bushwack »

Baseplate wrote:I see it just about every day across the street from my house when it isn't snowing. The neighbors have 7 kids and they are playing nonstop.
Baseplate, I bet those kids are not fat.
SP6/SSG, B 5/6 ADA 76-79; 95th Svc Co 80-82; 523 Maint. Co. 82-84
Proud of him and those like him.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Unfortunately, when the Police quit letting parents shoot child molesters in many areas it became too dangerous to let your kids outside by themselves. Dietary changes will not make kids less obese, but excersize will. The only way kids can go outside and play in many areas is if a couple of the Dads are out there with shotguns.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Baseplate wrote:
Bushwack wrote:Maybe a little off topic but......How about parents take the MF'n computer games away from thier kids for a while and send they're little butts outside to play? When was the last time you saw a group of kids playing pick up football, base ball, ice skating, tag, what ever? IMHO this type of activity will reduce the number of fat kids (what ever they eat) at zero cost to anyone.
I see it just about every day across the street from my house when it isn't snowing. The neighbors have 7 kids and they are playing nonstop.
Evidently so is mom and dad
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

rgrokelley wrote:
Baseplate wrote:
Evidently so is mom and dad
I think I live in the heart of Morman land
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

Why are school lunches so bad that they need fixing? ... because the Federal gov't runs it.

The Federal government does not have the right to regulate education. It is not spelled out in the Constitution ... therefore it is a State right.

And any parent that Can pay their TV cable bill .... should not be getting any handouts.
USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)
rangerabe
Ranger

Post by rangerabe »

If ya want a free lunch then go out and work for it, get a job, quit relying on the fed gov to support your ass. Unless you work for the fed/retired from fed don't expect my money without fight.
RS 8-76
Bco 1/75
Aco/S2 2/75
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

Yep, and they appeal to our nobler motives to sell us the idea, ... then take our cash and enrich themselves by twisting the whole thing into something else. And before you know it, they're telling us 4.5 billion is not enough ... that's why its still not working right.

"... A Yonkers teacher with a master’s degree and some additional coursework could expect a final average salary just over $110,000 after 37 years worked. That translates into an annual pension of $78,255 — exempt from state and local income tax — with a present value of more than $1.5 million,..."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/op ... z18rEyxURm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)

Return to “The News Dump”