SITREP

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by K.Ingraham »

There's a few ol' commo men here. The bureacracy has changed and my alphabet soup has changed around (O5B, 31V, 18E) and gone away, so I can't speak to what specifically a 25 sumptin' is. But in general, the commo men are the ones who are holding it all together. You are the nerves of the Regiment, could be toting the radio for the platoon leader or be stashed in the box on the back of the souped up humv talking all the way around the world during some national level op. You need to think in several dimensions at once and keep sharp situational awareness about the big picture. The traffic flows through you - actions have been won because radio operators just took over because they knew the picture & the commander's intent when the commander got dropped.
Commo guys can be right where the action is or be stuck in the commo hooch somewhere, all depends on assignment and opportunity. Look up that MOS on goarmy.com or try the signal school website (whatever that is, I ain't looking for it 'cause I got mine :P ) If this looks good, go for it but whatever shape you think you're in, get a lot better and keep improving on your own, because signal corps basic & AIT is not going to get you there.
Lots of good advice on these pages, the rest is up to you and you alone. You'll hear from me no more.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

As we speak, the Signal Corps is reshuffling their enlisted MOS system. In my discussions with the office of the Signal Proponent, it may be at least a year or more until this change is mirrored on all the MTOEs.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”