Reasons to Not Like Obama

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Reasons to Not Like Obama

Post by rgrokelley »

He gleefully wants to knock the United States down a few notches, so that they are not the number one super power. He believes that the United States is wrong, and the cause of the world's problems, for its most of its history. He believes the Constitution is a document of negative rights and wishes to scrap it, and create a new, better document, similiar to the UN charter, where the government can control all aspects of human existence. He is a megalomaniac that believes his presence alone can sway the world to a better, brighter future.

He has no honor.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

rgrokelley wrote:
He has no honor.
That's the best summation I've ever read.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

rgrokelley wrote:He has no honor.

x3
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Since he has been in office the ROE has tightened alot. It seems the past couple times there are new things in our deployments that piss off nearly every person I work with. I can't imagine what a reg army unit hears and has to abide by.

Not to mention I'm not so fond of the fact that he uses his office to meet and greet every sports athlete who does anything. Such as, the Yankees winning the world series, or just playing a pick up game of basketball with Kevin Durant...do you really think you could use your time any better than just collecting sports memorabilia?
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

scar wrote:Since he has been in office the ROE has tightened alot. It seems the past couple times there are new things in our deployments that piss off nearly every person I work with. I can't imagine what a reg army unit hears and has to abide by.

Not to mention I'm not so fond of the fact that he uses his office to meet and greet every sports athlete who does anything. Such as, the Yankees winning the world series, or just playing a pick up game of basketball with Kevin Durant...do you really think you could use your time any better than just collecting sports memorabilia?

You are obviously a racist
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Baseplate wrote:
scar wrote:Since he has been in office the ROE has tightened alot. It seems the past couple times there are new things in our deployments that piss off nearly every person I work with. I can't imagine what a reg army unit hears and has to abide by.

You are obviously a racist
Get back to work while I eat all your food.
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

On the other hand, I should point out that he is the Commander in Chief. We have taken an oath to serve the Constitution of the United States and the Officers appointed over us. Presidents come and go -- none longer than eight years. Mr. Obama is the 9th CinC I've served. We, the Army continue to serve.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Jim wrote:On the other hand, I should point out that he is the Commander in Chief. We have taken an oath to serve the Constitution of the United States and the Officers appointed over us. Presidents come and go -- none longer than eight years. Mr. Obama is the 9th CinC I've served. We, the Army continue to serve.

But remember his speech, he plans to be in office for "8-10 years". His words, not mine. Bypass the constitution and I lose my respect for you. Being retired helps too. :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

[quote="Jim"]On the other hand, I should point out that he is the Commander in Chief. We have taken an oath to serve the Constitution of the United States and the Officers appointed over us. Presidents come and go -- none longer than eight years. Mr. Obama is the 9th CinC I've served. We, the Army continue to serve.[/quote]

Well put Jim. Regardless of whether you agree with his political agenda or not, the oath we all took requires us to put those differences aside...... And where in the hell did this information come from that Obama wants to scrap the constitution? And how is it that he has no honor? Gentlemen, I voted for McCain so there is no bias here, I simply believe that spreading rumors and disinformation is completely unprofessional and juvenile. So the guy I voted for didn't get elected, oh well, life goes on. I don't agree with the vast majority of the crap Obama is doing but I am sure as hell going to live up to my oath and support the man as best I can.
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

boscounderfoot wrote: And where in the hell did this information come from that Obama wants to scrap the constitution?
Ranger boscounderfoot, no disrespect intended, but this "rumor" came straight from Obama himself:

"...generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that."

Interesting analysis as well as a recording of the original interview here:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/200 ... titut.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud mother of a Ranger
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

[quote="MsMarla"][quote="boscounderfoot"]
And where in the hell did this information come from that Obama wants to scrap the constitution? [/quote]

Ranger boscounderfoot, no disrespect intended, but this "rumor" came straight from Obama himself:

"...generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused I think [b]there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change[/b][b]. In some ways we still suffer from that."
[/b]
Interesting analysis as well as a recording of the original interview here:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/200 ... titut.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

And where in this does he say that he is going to scrap the constitution? Or for that matter that he even states it should be replaced, rewritten, amended or anything else? The topic of the interview was not about the constitution, it was about Civil Rights. I read this blog (analysis) a while back and found it to be a load of crap, the author clearly skewed what was said to read that Obama wanted to junk the Constitution.......And beyond that point, the Constitution is most definitely a charter of negative liberties. It defines those things that the Government CANNOT do to you ie: take away your freedom of speech, etc.
People need to stop interpretting, step back, evaluated without bias and use a little common sense..........There is no freakin way this would've escaped the McCain camp during the elections, they would've nuked Obama for something like this! It would've been a Republican party wet dream come true.
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

boscounderfoot wrote:
And where in this does he say that he is going to scrap the constitution? Or for that matter that he even states it should be replaced, rewritten, amended or anything else? The topic of the interview was not about the constitution, it was about Civil Rights. I read this blog (analysis) a while back and found it to be a load of crap, the author clearly skewed what was said to read that Obama wanted to junk the Constitution.......And beyond that point, the Constitution is most definitely a charter of negative liberties. It defines those things that the Government CANNOT do to you ie: take away your freedom of speech, etc.
People need to stop interpretting, step back, evaluated without bias and use a little common sense..........There is no freakin way this would've escaped the McCain camp during the elections, they would've nuked Obama for something like this! It would've been a Republican party wet dream come true.
You're right it is a matter of interpretation. I guess it depends on your perspective. I do see this as him wanting to "scrap the constitution", thought, because I think the founding fathers' main purpose in writing it was to limit government, and he is right here saying that is a flaw of the document.

I don't know if that even makes sense to you. I'm having trouble with my phrasing because it's late and I need sleep :) . I just wanted to make the point that not everyone who believes this is just spewing rhetoric without reason.
Proud mother of a Ranger
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Jim wrote:On the other hand, I should point out that he is the Commander in Chief. We have taken an oath to serve the Constitution of the United States and the Officers appointed over us. Presidents come and go -- none longer than eight years. Mr. Obama is the 9th CinC I've served. We, the Army continue to serve.
I'm retired, and still a US citizen, so I can tell him he's full of poop
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “The Mosh Pit”