Christmas Ideas for moms

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Christmas Ideas for moms

Post by MsMarla »

Do y'all have any gift ideas for someone about to start RASP? My son packed very light en route to RASP hold from Airborne Grad. Rumor has it they are coming home for Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Is there some piece of gear we could get him that would help?
Proud mother of a Ranger
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Christmas Ideas for moms

Post by Baseplate »

In the words of Randy Moss

"Straight cash homie"
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

Thanks, Rangers.
Cash is no fun, but I'm coming to appreciate that it may be the best option this year.
ZoneIV wrote:
Baseplate wrote:In the words of Randy Moss
"Straight cash homie"
Cash is always appreciated. He is given all the "gear" he needs to succeed. That said, to give him some motivation, simply tell him that there will be no christmas until AFTER he graduates from RASP and tell him if he quits to not even bother coming back home... :lol: Oh yeah...don't put the cart in front of the horse by giving him any "Ranger" emblazoned stuff before he has "earned" it.
No worries. I'm not big on logos and we are not taking anything for granted, although, when I asked him what plan b was, he said "playing cards with Jesus". He seems to have the "no quitting" part down, anyway.
Proud mother of a Ranger
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

What about a military history book? Do y'all know any good ones about the Rangers in particular?
Proud mother of a Ranger
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

MsMarla wrote:What about a military history book? Do y'all know any good ones about the Rangers in particular?
War on the Run by John F. Ross
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Cash gets my vote!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Rangers,

I am laughing at my computer right now at "Straight Cash Homie!"

I have a Ranger Flag on layaway (OK, not even.) and am taking solace in the fact I am ignoring the urge to purchase something with "Ranger" on it this holiday season.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

well, the Heathen would say get him a hooker.

I say a good bottle of bourbon/scotch, and yes, he is. I don't care what the law or possibly your religion says.

otherwise, cash is probably the most useful, if not heartfelt. if you have to buy something, ask him what he wants/needs and get exactly what he asks for.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

A gift certificate at Commando's, the first shop on Victory Drive right off of post.
They have everything an aspiring action guy could ever need.

Hookers will rate pretty high after RASP, but not until after he's had a steak or three. 8)

Seriously now, just keep being a 'Mom', no matter how it turns out, that's the best gift.
Unless he quits, then make it a one-way ticket to someplace not your home.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Ribot0
Ranger

Post by Ribot0 »

A good knife will always be appreciated, as well as a bottle of his favorite drink. Might want to think about buying him an airplane ticket back home, too. I'll also second the Commando's gift certificate, its amazing how much money they stole away from me this summer.
Ranger Class 11-10
3-21 IN
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

Thank you, Rangers.

I thought about the knife, but I'm sure I couldn't pick it out for him. Another mom suggested a good watch, so we may be checking on that one. I think we will definitely give him the cash. He shelled out quite a bit of money at Commando's already buying a ruck and jump boots after Basic. Maybe that will help with the sting.

And I appreciate the sentiments, but I will not be contributing to his moral delinquency. I'll leave that to the Army.
Proud mother of a Ranger
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

MsMarla wrote:And I appreciate the sentiments, but I will not be contributing to his moral delinquency. I'll leave that to the Army.
:lol: :lol: Yes Ma'am. after all, what are buddies for?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “The Mosh Pit”