My recruitment process thus far...

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Ndog275
Ranger

Re: My recruitment process thus far...

Post by Ndog275 »

Check the stickies at the top of this thread Ranger Goon175 posted the latest and greatest USAREC reg on option 40. The Army is frustrating, if you want a shot at RASP be patient and stick to your guns.

With that having been said based upon your age and experience you may want to consider the 18x route. You may find that prior police experience may lend itself quite well to some of the unique things that SF does.

The recruiter doesn't get you a contract, the people at MEPS do, the recruiters are how you get to MEPS. Unfortunately the recruiters may have other agendas or needs that they are being pressed to fill. Stick to your guns and keep us updated.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Patience and Persistance. Make it very clear that all they need to do to put you and your buddy in is find a couple of opt. 40 contracts. out of curiosity, what area of the country are you in?
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Shockershot87
Embryo

Post by Shockershot87 »

1345:
To further clear things up, I was in a recruiter's office Thursday and we were openly talking about 11x option 40 contracts. Never was a hint or indication given as to their disappearance.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

1345 wrote:A quick SITREP: I've been sitting at MEPS since about 0600 this morning next to xraybp awaiting our ride to Fort Benning. We are both shipping under 18X contracts. Is there a waiting room for adults at MEPS?

Edit: kidding about the adult waiting room/area.

Good choice, though either would have been to your benefit. Now listen, there will be a lot of people who "claim" to be dedicated to completing the pipeline but you will see quickly that they are FULL OF SHIT. You have a Solid year, maybe two, from ship date to your objective. Listen to the advice here and use the fitness tips to prepare yourself. You stand to lose a lot if you wash out, so do your best not to.

Congrats.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

1345 wrote:Just an update...

Got the 300+ APFT, graduated airborne, and managed to get selected 18B Russian.

OutStanding, now, never quit.

You can select a big boi avatar, anything you have earned so far.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”