Ranger in Tallahassee, FL

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

IvanTheTerrible
Inprocessing

Ranger in Tallahassee, FL

Post by IvanTheTerrible »

Howdy All,

I'm a Ranger from 2nd Batt (1992)... was a mortar up on the second floor in Weapons Plt. For those that might remember me, you'll remember me as "Chip"... Ranger Chip. I wore glasses back then and was young and married... lived off post with my wife. From the tabbedSPC4 in AT to my NCO's in Wpns... (you know who you were) you molded me into who I am ...and I can't thank you enough. As life goes, I didn't thank you then and I still haven't... which is reprehensible. I can list you all by name, but I won't name-drop for the sake of it. My Mortar Section SGT is now a post CSM, my team leader's still in and just as successful. Besides my own father, they're the few role models I owe WHO I am to, my accomplishments, my success, the way I speak and carry myself and most importantly, how I think. I have a deep sense of gratitude to each one of them and will NEVER forget any of them. Without their interests and investments in me, I don't even WANT to THINK of who I'd be today. Knowing you're still alive and doing well, I still struggle every single day to maintain the standards you instilled in me.

That being said, are there any other Batt Boys in Tallahassee, FL? There's one more here, a tabbed C Co, 3/75 that went through 12-92 or 1-92 RIP class with me. (What's the chance, right?) If there's more in the AO, get with me. We look out for each other. Life isn't always easy and you've got to know we still exist and are more real than ever. You're not alone.

RLTW, Ivan
Tallahassee, FL
Wpns/Rat Bastards, A Co 2/75
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Ranger in Tallahassee, FL

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome, Alphabot! There are Rangers here who you will surely remember. Check your PMs (private messages).

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome youngster.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome young Ranger.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, young Ranger. Sit down, relax, & stay awhile.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Gad you found the PB. Welcome here. I'm about 4 hours s...just south of Tampa.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

Welcome, Ranger.
"War is an extension of politics by other means" - Carl Phillip Gottfried von Clausewitz - "On War"

http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.D. for VII Corps LRRP, C/58 LRP, B/75 RGR for 75th Ranger.Regt.Assn.

Class 2-73
B/75: 72-74
Co.B,1st Ranger Bn.: 74-75
Div.Pathfinders-T.L.,101st Abn.
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
D.A.V. Life Member (75-current)
IvanTheTerrible
Inprocessing

Thanks Guys,

EP, I was waiting for the vetting. Thanks. I haven't heard Alphabot from anyone in 18 years. We were called Alphabots because we were high speed, high strung and high stress on purpose. It showed at the 50th Anniversary in Benning. We had the best Mortar Gun Team in the Regt. Bravo got us the day/night rifle competition win -I remember each company in 2nd Batt won us nearly every combat-related competition... ...We lost nearly every sports-related event, though. We had our asses handed to us in baton-twirling, golf, interpretive dance or something... mighta been football too, but who f'n cares. We had a combat-focused mentality in 2nd that's what I took away from it. In retrospect, it was all about the NCO's molding young'uns into Rangers... men. I thank Jesus I stuck around long enough to get molded. Life may be tough, but I often take great comfort in that it's that much easier when you're part of the world's most efficient, well oiled killing machine.

Thanks for the welcomes from you Rangers (Slow, Al and Charlie) that came before us kids, particularly you Vietnam-era Rangers. We still look up to you guys in awe. We grew up wishing we could've been you, not John Wayne or Rambo, but the real deal: you. I'm not shitting you or ass-kissing either. It's the truth. As a young, sometimes-street kid with a lot of time to spare, I read everything I could about you in the Perth, Western Australia library. I pretty much lived there, researching about you and anything and everything that might be of use in getting to where you've already been... and probably real tired of. We'll never take you for granted, either. You're our fathers and grandfathers, but at the same time, you're still as young as any young hooah. Your stories and images will forever be burned into our minds. So: thanks for the inspiration and the goals. They got me out of a real jamb in life.

Vossman, I don't remember your name either, but if you went through RIP right after Christmas 1991 (I stayed in the RIP barracks for Christmas reading my Ranger Handbook, SWAT, Guns n Ammo, etc), then we did got through RIP together. You might've remembered doing flutterkicks for what must've been an hour in the 2nd floor the hall one morning... My Tallahassee RangerBuddy (RTO from A Co. 3/75) was there also and I didn't know him until recently. Being married and living off-post, I didn't get many chances to get to know anyone outside Alpha or even Weapons Plt. I wish I had more perspective and spent more time getting to know Rangers, though. FYI, I was in D 2/58 INF on Sand Hill and 1/507th ABN for the Nov class.

Oto, I'm aware of you and Alan and hope to meet sometime. I was happy to see Alan's a diver, too. I found the PB by googling Tallahassee and RLTW, knowing it would be in a sig line somewhere... and wahlah. I just need to whisper the running password with EP. I'm pretty down to earth, a Union Boilermaker (Tube Welder) that does a lot of booming/traveling all over the US. I was just there for a week in Tampa taking a weld-test and I visit there for safety training from time to time. Like I said, I regret not getting to know other Rangers and other operators... a faction of society that's a more known entity.

I really feel more comfortable trusting other SpecOps guys, not that legs can't be 100% everything we were/can. They just chose not to and that ship sailed. I think I got a problem trusting the average joe with my life now... a "complex", probably. I know how that sounds, but our lives are too short to sugar-coat these things. Most "men" are just not what they hope they are and I see it... a lot. I don't claim to be better than most, but with God's help, I struggle daily to be just that. I'm just hoping there's enough of us around so I don't have to get therapy or a prescription for my "complex". If I feel like that, then I know y'all do too. That's why I'm here.
Tallahassee, FL
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome 2nd Batt dude. Ever do any digging up on Noble Hill?

Good to have you brother. Enjoy the site.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome 2nd Batt. Good to have you here.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
IvanTheTerrible
Inprocessing

Thanks Buzz. Cams, does a bear shit in the woods? Does a squirrel climb trees? Is the pope german? lol I got my EIB up there as an E2. Bug juice n two handfuls of Noble Hill dirt make great 5 second face camo... Trickadatrade. I never did any serious digging up there, though. I did more digging with my feet trying not to get thrown out playing king of the hill in the pit behind the hill.
Tallahassee, FL
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country! Be careful of Oto and Alan they will get you in trouble.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introduction Archive”