Introduction 2nd edition-Scott

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

scott843
Embryo

Introduction 2nd edition-Scott

Post by scott843 »

So lets all just cut the crap and get down to it...I am 27- In college and enlisting after i have 15 credit hours...I have spoken with a recruiter who thinks i should be able to get what i want but can't put anything on paper until i achieve the 15 college creds required for those who have a GED...The main question i have should be answered by Rangers individually not by me browsing through the site for info ( I have done this and got alot of valuable information) but i am looking for individual experiences and advice for and from Ranger school and the process leading up to it...In my last intro there seemed to be alot of drama and un needed BS and a bunch of posts from people who's responses reflected that they didn't even read my post.

I have 2 questions for all Rangers tat feel they have something to add...

1. If you could impart on me any one experience or piece of advice for Ranger school, what would it be? (can be info about training, or any advice really)

2. Does anyone know of any Rangers in the Charleston, SC area that may be willing to help me train?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction 2nd audition

Post by Steadfast »

We are not your friends, neighbors, "So lets all" doesn't cut it. You came here of your own accord.

I am sending you ROE (Rules Of Engagement), read it and heed it.
If you do not do a 180 on your attitude . . .

2nd piece of advice, we care very much that you find your own answers by searching our board where everything you have asked has been answered before.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Introduction 2nd edition-Scott

Post by K.Ingraham »

A Ranger displays initiative and problem solving skills. You ask that we deny you the opportunity to develop these traits by spoon-feeding you?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

What? Like we owe you something? Get bent. Your welcome is worn out here. Pack your sorry ass and begin your journey.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

You know, if you wouldn't have been such a smart ass, I would have taken the time to fill you in on all kinds of cool stuff, even though all the stuff is already here. You have the opportunity to learn much just by reading. I'll go ahead an go out on a limb here and tell you "the secret".

Either you have what it takes inside of you, or you don't. Judging by the way you handled yourself here, I don't believe you do.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Concur.

There is no shortage of decent young men wanting a chance like this, unlike you, they deserve it. They try, they DO, they learn, they respect rules and policies, they can follow simple instructions, they've shown that they can be trained. You've done nothing but show your ass.

You've worn out your welcome.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

You have a shitty attitude and are untrainable. No one here owes you anything.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
scott843
Embryo

Post by scott843 »

welcome worn out or not i will go no where until i break some sort of rule that gets me banned and then i'll still come back... now what you people failed to understand in my post " i have looked at the site and got some valuable information" should i type that again? " I have looked at the site and got some valuable information" I guess you dont have to be literate to be a ranger... Reading forum topics and posts is all gravy and easy...but in the time it took you assholes to write all your nonsensical bullshit you could have easily given one piece of advice ...and yea i know the mere 2 words you speak of..i use them everyday, at work , and with life in general..."Don't Quit." got it...lets move on...as far as being "spoonfed"? did i fucking ask you to train for me? Did i ask for the exact details of the darby queen, did i ask for anything other than a little advice from real men? obviously there are none here...i guess ..judging by the way you guys act...I'll end up being the smartest ranger in the fuccking world ..hell i can read after all...and yea all youve gotten out of me is being an ass because you get what you give with me... anyone wanna actually answer my questions...fuck the rest of you guys...you dont like me...im not here for people to like me...get used to it...i'll post and repost...until i get tired of it....i'm sure you guys are getting sooo mad, sitting in front of your computer screens gritting your teeth maybe even getting pissed off to the point of violence...while in the meantime i'm laughin my ass off at a bunch of women
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

scott843 wrote:welcome worn out or not i will go no where until i break some sort of rule that gets me banned and then i'll still come back... now what you people failed to understand in my post " i have looked at the site and got some valuable information" should i type that again? " I have looked at the site and got some valuable information" I guess you dont have to be literate to be a ranger... Reading forum topics and posts is all gravy and easy...but in the time it took you assholes to write all your nonsensical bullshit you could have easily given one piece of advice ...and yea i know the mere 2 words you speak of..i use them everyday, at work , and with life in general..."Don't Quit." got it...lets move on...as far as being "spoonfed"? did i fucking ask you to train for me? Did i ask for the exact details of the darby queen, did i ask for anything other than a little advice from real men? obviously there are none here...i guess ..judging by the way you guys act...I'll end up being the smartest ranger in the fuccking world ..hell i can read after all...and yea all youve gotten out of me is being an ass because you get what you give with me... anyone wanna actually answer my questions...fuck the rest of you guys...you dont like me...im not here for people to like me...get used to it...i'll post and repost...until i get tired of it....i'm sure you guys are getting sooo mad, sitting in front of your computer screens gritting your teeth maybe even getting pissed off to the point of violence...while in the meantime i'm laughin my ass off at a bunch of women

Code: Select all

excerpt of FAQ:

Third - if you are addressing someone on this site who is a veteran in the US Armed Forces, treat them with the respect they are due, as someone who has given of themselves to protect our nation. Even more so if the person is a Ranger - in fact - unless you are an active duty servicemember or veteran, you will address them as 'Ranger' prior to writing their username, such as 'Ranger Saltbitch' or 'Ranger ABell9', etc... New members who show contempt or disrespect for Rangers on this site are quickly banned.
-----------------
Buh bye.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”