Looking forward to the 17th....

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Looking forward to the 17th....

Post by IEDmagnet »

One of my soldiers, my number one gunner in Afghan, just finished ground week at BAC. Looking forward to a trip down there to pin his wings on him. He's going back to Alaska after he graduates, but I won't hold it against him. Great soldier, and one hell of a fighter. I'd walk into hell with him and never wonder if I was making it out anytime.

Been a long long time since I have been to Benning, and I know security is tighter on post. Besides my blue card and car insurance, they wanting anything else?

Oh yeah, and anyone know what the policy on civilian law enforcement and firearms in the car is? Don't need to get slotted at the front gate i while en route to plant wings on a young man's chest. :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Looking forward to the 17th....

Post by Silverback »

All you'll need is your license, proof of insurance, and registration.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Buddha wrote:Google the contact numbers for the Fort Benning Provost Marshall's Office and ask them. A little professional courtesy ahead of time could save you and them a lot of hassle.

I thought of that....of course I was mildly intoxicated last night and figured it would be a bad time to call the PM office. :lol:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

I showed up at Stewart one time, and when the MP found out I was a cop he asked me if I was carrying. I laughed and told him nice try but I'm unarmed. He told me it was no big deal, that I could call the Provost Marshal's office prior to coming on any army base and get some sort of approval.

So, the next time I'm planning on going to Benning I called the PM office and ID'd myself as LEO requesting to bring a car on base with a firearm in it. After a couple of seconds of laughter the PM guy on the phone said they don't allow that there. I've since learned that a pistol carried on your hip is never discovered in your car during gate inspections :D

Of course, publicly, I must advise you to adhere to all post and federal regulations :roll:
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

abnhawk wrote:I showed up at Stewart one time, and when the MP found out I was a cop he asked me if I was carrying. I laughed and told him nice try but I'm unarmed. He told me it was no big deal, that I could call the Provost Marshal's office prior to coming on any army base and get some sort of approval.

So, the next time I'm planning on going to Benning I called the PM office and ID'd myself as LEO requesting to bring a car on base with a firearm in it. After a couple of seconds of laughter the PM guy on the phone said they don't allow that there. I've since learned that a pistol carried on your hip is never discovered in your car during gate inspections :D

Of course, publicly, I must advise you to adhere to all post and federal regulations :roll:
Dude, we've hung out. It's obvious to me that you pose a terrorist threat to the Home of the Infantry. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”