Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

doubledragon
Inprocessing

Re: Intro

Post by doubledragon »

schibbs wrote:Howdy and thanks for serving and being so damned educated!
Thanks, I realized during my stint in the R.O.K. that any enlisted guy is twice as smart as any cherry Lt. So if they can get a degree I sure as shit could get one. I highly encourage everyone to milk Uncle Sams tits to the fullest, if he hadn't paid for it I wouldn't have been able to go. Plus you can get credit for schools attended while in service, not that I personally was able to get credit for any of my schools. I guess Field Sanitation doesn't count in "the real world", though digging a shitter in the woods is a great skill to have. :mrgreen:
"Rangers, lead the way off this beach!"-- Gen. Norman Cota

Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the Rangers, but don't ever lie to a Ranger or an officer.--Maj. Robert Rogers

HHC 3/75 94-95
D Co 1/503 95-96
1/75BCOWPNS
Embryo

Post by 1/75BCOWPNS »

Welcome..
1/75 B CO 80-83
3RD RGR CO Camp Darby 83-84
Ranger School 1-83
doubledragon
Inprocessing

Post by doubledragon »

Well life has taken some crazy turns, and it seems that barring some unforeseen medical problem I am going to be rejoining the Army. Working on dropping the 10lbs to get down to weight for PS service standards and jumping through the hoops the USAREC and my recruiter want/need me too. I have had some interesting options thrown at me and am trying to figure my best course of action. I was told by the recruiter and my military rep. for my Congressman that USAREC currently has a hold on all PS E-4 and below. Not knowing how long this temporary hold might last I was given the option of a possible 18X and the info that OCS has increased it's max age to 37, I know they take 6 months to a year off for every year of AD enlistment you had. Currently I will be 36 in 2 weeks so I can squeak by the OCS age requirements.

I know that even passing SFAS isn't a guarantee that I would be selected, and that non-selection or failure of any portion of the 18X contract would revert me to 11B1P status. I also don't have any illusions about making some Sunday stroll through SFAS. I have been contemplating calling the Regimental recruiter to see if volunteering for RASP would be possible in the case of failure or non-selection. The job list I was given prior to the temporary hold being enacted had 25S and 35N MOS's available to PS E-4's. I know with the formation of RSTB that the Regiment has more openings to a variety of MOS's that weren't offered back in the day. I have no problems taking any of the jobs offered if they would get me back into the Regiment, my only problem is with the temporary hold. I didn't want to call the Regimental recruiter till I was sure the 80% in all pt categories was a personal attainable goal, which it is. Now being able to attain those goals I have this temporary hold blocking my path. Returning to the Regiment was my goal when I first started considering going back into the Army, regardless of the MOS, but the hold is the fire ant in the woobie. Taking the 18X has no hold as far as PS goes according to the recruiter, neither does OCS. I am not going to take the 18X contract with a back up/fail mentality since that would be defeat before I even fought the battle, and we all know what Sun Tzu said about that kind of mind set.

Sorry if this post has rambled in different directions but an 18 pack of Labatt Blue will have that affect on situational awareness. Any input and/or information would be greatly appreciated.
"Rangers, lead the way off this beach!"-- Gen. Norman Cota

Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the Rangers, but don't ever lie to a Ranger or an officer.--Maj. Robert Rogers

HHC 3/75 94-95
D Co 1/503 95-96

Return to “Introduction Archive”