Ranger Physical Training

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
gillieman03
Embryo

Ranger Physical Training

Post by gillieman03 »

Rangers/ members

I am very much awaiting my ship date 24 JAN 2011 and in the mean time I hope to get started on a workout routine that would best prepare me for basics but more importantly Ranger School. I've done my own research and have found two very similar workout routines that are to prepare you for Pre-Ranger Course/ Ranger Assessment and Selection Program. Here are the two links to the workouts; the first one is the 12 week Ranger Assessment and Selection Program "Routine." The second link is the 6 week Pre-Ranger course. I have read both workouts extensively and have noticed that they both are very similar, and that neither workout "IMO" have inadequate push up, pull up, and sit up workout outs. On top of a few interval speed sessions after workouts that don't really seem too intense. My workouts now seem a lot more difficult than these would be and I wanted to ask any Ranger/Members if they have tried these workout routines and if they have gotten any benefit from them at all.

12 week RASP: https://www.benning.army.mil/75thranger ... 0Plan2.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6 Week Pre-Ranger routine: https://www.benning.army.mil/wtc/wtc/a/ ... sGuide.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are my APFT scores:
126 PU
93 SU
11:28 2 mile run
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Ranger Physical Training

Post by Jim »

1. Post an introduction in the correct thread.
2. The issues you raise have been addressed several times. Please take the time to look around the site for answers.
3. But post an introduction before you do anything else.
Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

JLTW!!! wrote:Im calling Bullshit on your PU numbers!

x2

That's more then one push up a second. Not that it can't be done or hasn't been done. Usually though, the push ups are total trash and look like a worm.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Hey Ranger JLTW I wouldn't lie.. did my test again and posted new numbers on my intro.. I've worked more on my push ups than anything, and I have my form and hand placements down to a key as well as my pace. Only reason why my 2 mile time is good is because I ran cross country is all. Only 86 sit ups this time and my 2 mile was slower by almost a minute. I'm not tough shit or anything because I'm NOT a Ranger but i aspire to be one. I've looked through the forums and noticed the same postings I just wanted to find out if anyone has every tried these routines and gotten anything back from them. Your right Ranger Holmchicken half the time when people try and put up huge number on push ups their just chicken bumping and look like complete shit, but my aim was for 130 which my recruiter told me that's what he scored, but on a regular basis I can get between 115 - 126.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

1. Your recruiter is full of shit
  2. We aren't saying you are lying, what we are saying is that there is no way you can knock out that many pushups in proper form in 2 minutes. Focus on the bold print.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

You are probably right RangerX half the recruiters I talked to before even signing up were blowing smoke out of their asses and my current recruiter didn't bullshit around with me and was just straight up about everything. Granted maybe not every single one was proper form, but when I always decide to test myself I always get my recruiter to test me...who's also a Drill Sergeant. But its better to have him test me than a buddy of mine.
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Roger
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Ive seen some physical specimens in great shape who failed the PT test do to improper form. You could be the best in shape, strongest person in the world. If your form is wrong.........you fail. It's not how many you can do. It's how many you can do properly.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Well noted Ranger Loon.
The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

:roll:
Last edited by The Surgeon on August 19th, 2011, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bco 3/75
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Ranger Surgeon, so does being physically prepared really help at all in Ranger school and RIP to a certain extent? I mean regardless of how good of shape I am in, I should still expect to get my ass kicked and then some everyday?
Greenjarhead
Embryo

Ranger Physical Training

Post by Greenjarhead »

JLTW!!! wrote: No need to reply. Show and prove, or STFU.

@gilliman03

Maybe you might not want to focus on the physical as much as the FOLLOWING directions... Seems like that may get you in more trouble in Jan. Just my .02

:green out:
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

How about you focus on immediate goals, getting in shape for basic, take it one step at a time, Ranger School is a long long time away for you, that is assuming you make it to or through RASP, and then last any amount of time in Batt. I'm guessing with the attitude you have now you wont.
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10

Return to “About Army Physical Training”