Ranger Physical Training

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Ranger Physical Training

Post by Baseplate »

gillieman03 wrote:Ranger Surgeon, so does being physically prepared really help at all in Ranger school and RIP to a certain extent? I mean regardless of how good of shape I am in, I should still expect to get my ass kicked and then some everyday?

How does smoking dope help you prepare for the army
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Baseplate wrote:
gillieman03 wrote:Ranger Surgeon, so does being physically prepared really help at all in Ranger school and RIP to a certain extent? I mean regardless of how good of shape I am in, I should still expect to get my ass kicked and then some everyday?

How does smoking dope help you prepare for the army
OOOH. Sick burn.

Seriously, stud, if you can't learn to follow fucking directions PT is the least of your worries.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Roger
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Youngster, you might be the greatest stud ever to slip on a pair of trainers. Regardless of your physical condition, RASP is designed to test your intestinal fortitude and moral integrity to their maximum, as well as to assess the "little things" like attention to detail and ability to follow directions. That is a moderately subtle hint.

Your university did not train you for success in a challenging environment like the Ranger volunteer pipeline. You seem to think that you are all special and everything. You are not. The concept of our sort of varsity tryouts is simple: it's all mind over matter. We don't mind; you don't matter.

(posted for the benefit of prospects more inclined to listen and learn.)
Last edited by K.Ingraham on May 26th, 2011, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Ford375
Ranger

Post by Ford375 »

Preparing physically for Rangering, be it RASP or anything else, is like.... 10% of the battle. The hardest part of Rangering was STAYING in the Ranger Battalion, not going through RIP. You know what I did to prepare for the Army? I sat on my ass, played computer games, banged bitches, and drank beer. Am I saying you should do that? Hell no.... but I'm telling you that if you don't have the MENTAL or INTESTINAL fortitude, bro, you aren't going to make it into a Ranger Battalion, regardless of how much physical preparation you do. Preparing physically WILL make your life less painful, at some points, and everyone loves a PT stud in the military. You have to want it... and I don't think anybody really knows how much they want it until they are phsyically exhausted, running on no sleep, every inch of your body hurting, getting woken up in the middle of the night to get smoked, and knowing that the shittiness hasn't even begun yet. I'm not talking about pain as in football or lacrosse practice pain.

All that being said, yes... train physically for your journey. I am just trying to enlighten you a bit on the mental rigors of Ranger training, nevermind once you get to a Ranger Battalion. I have seen PT studs pack their shit up and go home crying during the journey to Regiment, and I've also seen 5 foot nothing dorks with glasses that weigh no more than 130lbs make it to the other side and get that scroll pinned on their shoulder. It's in your mind, and your heart... being physically in shape is not more important than what's up in the noggin'.

Best of luck in everything, though. You enter a whole different world after that scroll gets pinned on you.
3/75 - APR 2004-AUG 2007
CCo. 1/181 INF [ARNG] AUG 2007-MAR 2009
----------------------------------------------

Nobody in this country has ever seen me mad.

"TAB-FREE"
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Ranger Ford375 thanks for that. I want it bad more than anything, and I have never quit anything in my life and don't plan on quiting now. For posting that I'll knock out 50 push ups for you.

HOOAH
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

gillieman03 wrote:and don't plan on quiting now.
Not even ganza?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

gillieman03 wrote:So I haven't smoked for a month and i've been doing workouts out everyday consistently running 2 miles every day. Well 3 days ago i took ONE hit out of a bong and I waited 3 days and i took this at home drug test and it came up negative. Now i know the cut-off for the home tests are 50ng/ml do you think i should be fine if i have my military drug test coming up in 4 days if the cut-off is 15 ng/ml?? I really need some help im going in sane! im 5'10 163 if that helps!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Yeah the cat is out of the bag!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

You know, being an idiot and smoking weed a week before a drug test is forgivable. So is not having good situational awareness. So is being a cocky, immature person. We've all got room to grow. But I'll tell you what, since I'm stepping out on a limb here and "trying" to help you out. Take that shit out of your sig-line. Once you've seen the dead and wounded on both sides, once you've heard the noise a bullet makes when it goes past your head, once your sweat, tears, and possibly blood are all mixed together in the sand, then you'll know just it means. Then you can post that cliche shit in your sig-line. Chop-chop and start thinking about what consequences your actions right now can have.

Edit: And quit saying Hooah.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
gillieman03
Embryo

Post by gillieman03 »

Ranger Elguapo and Ranger Silverback. The cat is out of the bag. There's no excuse I know this, but I also know my uncle was and is a Ranger and he smoked heavily prior to his enlistment. I'm not cocky, don't mean to come off as one. I'm shit compared to you guys and I might as well be the hair's on rats nutsack compared to every Ranger on this forum. I've only smoked 3 times in my life and twice just recently and it has absolutely no affect on my ability to succeed and go after what I want; I have a degree to prove that but that degree is SHIT compared to what you guys have accomplished and I only HOPE to try and accomplish what you all have.
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

gillieman03 wrote:I've only smoked 3 times in my life and twice just recently
Never heard that one before. :roll:
Last edited by mortar_guy78 on September 1st, 2010, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

mortar_guy78 wrote:
gillieman03 wrote:I've only smoked 3 times in my life and twice just recently
Never heard that one before. :roll:

Two beers officer, I swear! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com

Return to “About Army Physical Training”